1. The detailed activities
a. Sector assessment: An overview of different voluntary certification processes and verification mechanisms that are applied by Vietnam rubberwood industry actors.
- The consultant will participate in a national assessment of rubberwood producers and mills to identify the current situation on voluntary certification in Viet Nam.
b. Assessment of how certification processes are applied by the two selected rubberwood supply chains
- The consultant will participate in the assessment of two selected rubberwood supply chains to identify the potential synergies between VNTLAS compliance with selected voluntary certification schemes that these two selected rubberwood supply chain have been applying.
c. Develop the document which specifies the practical steps for the synergies between VNTLAS and certification processes
- The consultant will identify the best practice on realizing synergies between certification processes and VNTLAS compliance, especially for smallholder-based supply chain. Improve the suite of VRA guidelines.
d. Replication plan
- Recommendations for VRA to support their members in certification processes.
2. Tasks and duties
- Support to analysis the data and complete the writing to achieve the above activities;
- Synthesizing information, processing data, writing and finalizing reports;
- Presenting results/findings of the activities at the project workshops/seminars.
3. Deliverables (English and Vietnamese)
- Appendix on the voluntary certification processes that would have potential synergies with VNTLAS compliance in the Viet Nam rubberwood context.
- Appendix on assessment of selected certification processes in practice: its advantages and challenges to realize synergies with VNTLAS compliance; recommendations for VRA.
- Appendix on best practice about synergies between certification processes and VNTLAS compliance, especially for smallholder-based supply chains.
- Replication plan for VRA to support members in certification processes.
- At least a Master's degree in forestry, agriculture, development studies, and other related fields;
- Good understanding of Viet Nam rubberwood industry, VPA-FLEGT, VNTLAS, etc.;
- Having at least 05 years of experience in group management system for the wood or rubber industry, experience in working with wood enterprises and smallholders is preferred;
- Having good skills in analyzing, synthesizing information, and writing reports;
- Excellent written and spoken ability in Vietnamese and English
6. Time to start:
Please refer to the attached ToR.
Interested candidates are invited to send CVs and application letter via email no later than September 25th, 2020: email@example.com
with cc firstname.lastname@example.org
With subject [VRA 0920] Positions - Full name HẠN CUỐI: 25/9/2020