The Programme Management Specialist will project manage the phase in of operational changes and human resources realignment in the implementation of the UNFPA Supplies Programme in Phase III. You will coordinate with the Division for Human Resources to develop and implement a programme-specific Human Resources Strategy, manage the programme and governance roll out plan from the initial programme launch in 2021 leading up to 2024 and coordinate programme roll out updates with key stakeholders.
You will report directly to the Chief, Commodity Security Branch in the Technical Division during the transition phase of the UNFPA Supplies Programme to Phase III and subsequently to the Programme Leader when Phase III of the Programme is launched.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA Supplies – UNFPA’s largest thematic trust fund – helps countries build stronger health systems and widen access to a reliable supply of contraceptives and life-saving medicines for maternal health. Since its inception in 2007, UNFPA Supplies has leveraged over US$1.4 billion in support to national action to reach poor and marginalized women and girls in countries with high unmet need for family planning and high rates of maternal death.
As a part of the UNFPA Supplies Partnership transition team, you will be responsible for project managing and coordinating key process elements of the roll out, including phasing in of operational changes and human resources realignment. You will build close relationships with stakeholders, communicating regularly to support a transparent and efficient roll out of the Partnership’s third phase.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
A. Project management of the UNFPA Supplies Phase 3
• Project manage the UNFPA Supplies phase 3 roll out process which consists of facilitating and coordinating the initial phasing-in arrangements required in 2021 and subsequent roll out arrangements leading up to 2024 to ensure the programme is fully-functional in its new modality ;
• Monitor and co-ordinate the roll out of Phase III which includes implementation efforts for the stepping stone year in 2021 and subsequent roll out efforts leading up to 2024,
• Facilitate and collaborate with relevant focal points to ensure full roll out of the new modalities of Phase III from the point of programme launch in 2021 leading up to 2024 and communicate the status of the roll out to key stakeholders;
• Monitor and analyze progress, identify constraints and opportunities through the roll out efforts, and develop and implement a review system (methodology, logical framework and indicators, mechanisms for review and feedback, etc.) to analyse progress and to draw lessons learned;
• Manage and provide support to the preparation of on-boarding new countries to join the UNFPA Supplies Programme leading up to the year 2023;
• Facilitate the roll out of the governance reforms in Phase III;
• Provide support functions in the office of the Independent Chair to the UNFPA Supplies Steering Committee;
• Collaborate with the relevant focal points to provide feedback on implementation of recommendations to the CSB Chief, Director Technical Division and UNFPA Supplies Steering Committee;
• Provide technical support to the roll out process for Phase III in working with Technical Division to identify needs and resources to support implementation of recommendations and action items from the Steering Committee;
• Work with the relevant thematic leads to use existing communication mechanisms to continuously inform UNFPA staff of the status of the change process;
• Draft briefing notes, statements, talking points, and correspondence on the Programme, prepare background papers and presentation content for the branch and senior management;
• Prepare the Director and Chief with core messaging for consistent communication with the Executive Committee and Steering Committee;
• Respond to ad hoc requests for data and information by the Resource Mobilization Branch, Strategic Partnerships Branch, Media and Communication Branch, donors, and others;
• Manage communications with the UNFPA Supplies Steering Committee members;
B. Capacity Building for UNFPA Supplies Phase III
• Collaborate with Division of Human Resources (DHR) and key stakeholders to develop UNFPA Supplies Phase III HR Strategy describing the transition and realignment process;
• Coordinate with DHR on the recruitment of staff appointments for UNFPA Supplies;
• Coordinate with DHR and facilitate the assessment of staffing needs for Phase 3, to build a fit for purpose skills matrix by defining and highlighting critical functions and desired profiles;
• Develop diagnostic tools to assess the current skills and conduct skills mapping with key stakeholders to align with functions and roles required to ensure programme outcomes are realized;
• Liaise with DHR and key stakeholders to review and update programme organogram which ensures that the global-, regional- and country- teams have the right capacity to operationalize the new UNFPA Supplies Phase III operational model;
• Work with programme implementing units to develop JDs and establish reporting lines;
• Liaise with DHR to develop a phase III orientation programme, effective skills building programs and plan for critical skills development (negotiation, advocacy, political economy analysis, policy skills);
• Liaise with the relevant focal points within CSB to co-ordinate lessons learning and knowledge management through peer-to-peer learning.
C. Technical Representation on People that Deliver (PtD)
• Represent UNFPA on the People that Deliver(Ptd) Supply Chain Management Working Group and other interdivisional working groups on strengthening work force capacity, as relevant and needed;
• Work closely with Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC), UNICEF, The Global Fund, PtD to develop tools and systems that promote the professionalization of roles in Supply Chain Management;
• Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Branch Chief or Division Director
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Relations or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
● 5 years of relevant professional experience with direct experience relating to organizational development and alignment with key strategic programme objectives, and project management;
● Experience in developing diagnostic skill assessment tools;
● Experience managing complex change management processes;
● Strong understanding of governance structures and donor relationships in a thematic fund;
● Demonstrated ability to manage multi-stakeholder processes;
● Familiarity with UNFPA/UN systems;
● Proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
● Excellent interpersonal skills;
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
• Business acumen – project management and human resources
• Organizational awareness, applying systematic thinking and using sound judgment, using formal structure/hierarchy;
• Promoting results-based management, basic monitoring and implementation of management systems;
• Generating, managing and promoting the use of knowledge and information;
• Job knowledge/technical expertise, in-depth knowledge of own discipline
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Job Location: New York, USA
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất