Job no: 547322
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Categories: Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Working for UNICEF: https://youtu.be/43aiG4w2q_M?t=2
UNICEF Vietnam: https://www.unicef.org/vietnam/
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Viet Nam is looking for a qualified and passionate candidate who is motivated by flawless execution and is a self-driven go-getter with excellent communication and organizational skills. You will have a proven track record in providing high-level administrative support, working under pressure to bring order to chaos, navigating uncertainty with speed and solving complex issues. You will love working for an organization that makes a difference, an organization that is filled with passionate and hard working change makers.
How can you make a difference?
The selected candidate will be responsible for efficient and effective management of the Representative’s office and schedules. You will ensure timely support, juggle priorities, calmly manage change. The position involves management of information and coordination of matters within UNICEF, with other UN agencies, national and international partners. The post is a key interface with a broad range of contacts including high-ranking officials, both within and outside the Organization. The post prioritizes tasks and organizes work independently based on general direction from the Representative.
Key responsibilities are:
- Effective operation / administrative management of all areas of accountability of the Representative’s Office.
- Undertake key liaison role with all guests, all meetings online and in person.
- Perform vital liaison function to support front office on preparation for, organization, recording and follow up of all key meetings including UN and Development partners’ coordination engagements.
- Manage scheduling and preparation for all activities of Representative’s office.
- Review and update action on recommendations for the office emanating from Country Management Team and partner engagement group with the aim of maintaining/ staying the course on agreed actions and follow up.
- Manage internal communication - ensuring timely flow, follow-up and response to queries and requests. Support documentation of minutes and correspondence as requested by Management.
- Provide support to the Representative in convening, coordinating and providing input into the work of JPGs, functional clusters and other development partners.
- Support interpretation and translation on occasion of key meetings/ documents.
- Active documentation support to advocacy and partnership building with national, development and other partners.
- Administrative, executive assistance and secretarial support services provided to the Representative and Deputy Representative to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information and data.
- Professional image projected through in-person and telephone interaction. Discretion exercised with confidential information and complex sensitive subject matter.
- Knowledgeable delivery of quality services contributing to achievement of work objectives.
- Well managed and effective office operations, systems and procedures, facilitating team work and the work of the office.
- Participates with enthusiasm in office wide events, team building and celebrations.
You can see the full Job Description of this post here: JP -Sr. Executive Associate GS6.doc
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
b) Experience: A minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
c) Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
What we can offer you? Our staff are offered competitive compensation and excellent package of benefits:
Pension benefits: You will become a participant in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (https://www.unjspf.org)
Health insurance scheme: You and your eligible dependents will be covered by the UN Medical Insurance Plan (https://www.un.org/insurance/plans/medical-insurance-plan-mip)
Professional Development: The encouragement of professional development for all staff is one of UNICEF’s core values and we put this into practice through various services and initiatives. You will have different learning opportunities to strengthen your skills and competencies.
Be part of the United Nations: As an International organization that is part of the United Nations system, you will be considered an International Civil Servant and you will have career opportunities inside and outside the country.
Quality working conditions:
- The workplace and working conditions are a huge asset for all UNICEF employees. Our staff are working in the Green One UN House- the first building in Viet Nam to be awarded gold LOTUS certification from the Viet Nam Green Building Council for efficient and environmentally sustainable use of resources and operations.
- We offer flexible working arrangements: flexible working hours, compressed work schedule, teleworking, job sharing.
- We provides different types of leave to allow for rest and relaxation as well as unforeseen events like illness: annual leave, parental leave up to 24 weeks, sick leave and special leave.
- We provide support for pregnancy and breastfeeding (time off from work during the day for the purpose of breastfeeding infants or expressing milk. A private room and a refrigerator for storing milk are available in the office).
- We also provide mental well-being/ psychological support.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Deadline: 12 Jan 2022 SE Asia Standard TimeAPPLY HERE
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/02/2022Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization