The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Pay band: Pay band 4/H
Department: English and Exams
Contract Type: One-year fixed term contract with possible extension
The purpose of this role is to support building of key relationships, undertake research to identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets. The role is also required to proactively support and follow up with the resolution of resolve issues, add value and ensure delivery on expectations. On a daily basis, the role executes the country key account strategy and plan.
- Understand country/ key account situation and highlight possible opportunities.
- Providing timely feedback on key account scenario’s that have changed.
- Supporting the achievement of sales/ account targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supports standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using set of corporate processes, techniques and report templates.
Market and customer intelligence
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up to date and able to match to client needs
- Provides account specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation and business development/marketing plan/targets
- As required, supports the use of range of standard processes and techniques to carry out routine research and analysis of actual or potential customer/audience trends – e.g. customer segmentation, demographic profiling, competitor tracking and measurement of market share.
Winning business (the tasks in this section looks managerial)
- Executes and supports tasks assigned towards B2B2C sales, to fill capacity
- Adheres to Relationship Management practices
- Supports management in building and developing networks around existing clients to cultivate segments
- With guidance from management, undertakes tasks which supports the development bids, tenders and proposals
Account and stakeholder management
- Executes tasks to support the delivery of Account Plan
- Links with B2B support from Operations team, as directed to ensure quality of delivery to support account relationship.
- Links with Marketing as directed, to support activities related to targeted events and campaigns
- Works to defined Account Relationship standards and frameworks.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and data in order to support effective and coordinated account management across the organisation.
- Conducts basic research, into business activities, challenges and key personnel in target customer, partner or sponsor organisations to support the exams business in developing new business and cultural relations opportunities for the BC.
- In accordance with an agreed account management plan, supports activities related to coordination between stakeholders in key client/partner/sponsor organisations and the exams business – e.g. meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials etc.
Analysis and Reporting
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records operational activity and performance data, to support management in making timely and effective business decisions.
- Supports the contribution of data as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral.
Leadership and management
- Prioritises own work activities, from long terms plans into day to day activities.
- Builds relationships and work with others internally/externally to grow the business.
- You must have the right to live and work in Vietnam.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in English and Vietnamese.
- Experience of managing relationships with account clients.
- Experience in supporting the implementation of business development or marketing plans.
- Experience of working with children; safe planning, organisation and delivery of activities for children is desirable.
Role Specific Skills
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Attention to meet deadlines and ensure accuracy
- Working with Children
- Annual performance bonus and 13th month salary
- 15 days public holidays (combination of Vietnam and UK public holidays)
- Group Insurance Program including Personal Accident Insurance and Health Insurance for 24 hour/day for you and your family members (Eligible spouse and children only) (Family member coverage is only applicable for employment contract of 12 months or more)
- Extensive training and development opportunities, both local and within the global network
- Attendance at events and other professional demands will involve working occasional unsocial hours (at the weekend and in the evening). Frequent travel between main office and clients is part of the duties.
- Work effectively with diversity as an essential and integral part of daily work and consistently meet the British Council’s Equality-Diversity-Inclusion policy and Child Protection policy and standards in carrying out all internal and external duties.
- Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK Data Protection Principles and local legislation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to reflective practice, professional and organisational development objectives, taking advantage of opportunities to enhance qualifications and or gain/share knowledge for team as well as for self. Make a positive contribution to team meetings and give suggestions to management for improving business support practices and procedures based on customer feedback.
- Understand that this Role Profile may be amended to meet operational demand and any changes will be discussed with effected staff member(s) with a minimum of one month’s notice.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021- 23:59 Singapore Time (GMT +8)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies. The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)