Accountant and Administrator
Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV) is a USA based grassroots organization that provides direct support at the household and community levels with 20 years of experience operating in Vietnam.
We strive for a Vietnam where children can learn and thrive without fear, hunger or exploitation... where the rights of women and children are protected, and their voices are heard... where families and communities across Vietnam have access to resources, they need to chart safe, productive futures.
Our mission is to provide Vietnam’s most vulnerable groups with the opportunities, tools and resources to build a better future.
The HSCV office is based in Hanoi. Our staff work in the surrounding provinces to empower children, equip families, and transform communities. Our objective is to is bring immediate assistance to those with urgent needs, but also invest in children, families, and communities to combat the persistent cycle of poverty.
Find out more at http://www.hscv.org.
The primary objective of this position is to perform the organizational accounting and administrative tasks at HSCV.
Summary of basic requirements:
- Accounting qualifications required.
- Three-years of relevant experience required.
- Limited Working English required with Professional Working English or above preferred.
- Experience working in with non-profit and/or with foreigners preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks general ledger and/or Salesforce preferred but not required.
Position Tasks Summary:
- Perform accounting, bookkeeping and related tasks as required by official HSCV Policies and Procedures
- Follow and enforce all financial procedures related to bookkeeping position outlined in the most up to date policies
- Keep organized files of all office financial transactions
- Carry out duties as outlined in HSCV Financial Procedures
- Keep organized files of all personnel
- Support with the daily office operations
Finance and Accounting:
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation monthly
- Calculate and record the monthly overhead allocation
- Record all donations into the general ledger daily
- Prepare support for banking withdrawals and deposits
- Assist with periodic cash counts and agree to the Cash Flow spreadsheets and the general ledger.
- Advise Management of all differences greater than VND50,000.
- Prepare a Month End Report for the General Fund
- Complete the Month End Checklist
- Prepare an annual budget for the General Fund
- Train new staff on accounting related procedures
- Maintain documentation for approximately 11 accounting related processes
- Complete Accountant approvals daily related to Cash Advances and Expense using Salesforce
- Manage the accounting and administrative aspects of Payroll, including Social Insurance
- Provide administrative support to grants and contracts management
- Assist the Country Manager in managing the administration of the office
- Assist in the development and management of the office filing system including maintaining hard copy files and electronic shared filing system on the Google Drive/server
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on qualifications and previous experience
- Free lunch provided during working hours
- State Health and Social Insurance provided
- Motorbike insurance provided after one year of employment
- National Holidays off as well as 12 personal days in the first year, 20 personal days every year after
How to apply:
Email your cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to Pham Anh Dao Dao.firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2021. Interviews will begin immediately, and the position may be filled prior to the application deadline.
Expected start date:
December 1st, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls.
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
10/12/2021Consulate General of India Ho Chi Minh City
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International