- Title: Accountant
- Program: USAID Linkages for Small and Medium Enterprises (LinkSME) Project
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a U.S.-based nonprofit that seeks private enterprise solutions to problems of poverty in developing countries and around the world. By providing a mix of technical assistance and volunteer expert support, IESC works with emerging industries, financial institutions, and governments to stabilize economic environments, increase opportunity, and promote growth. We have completed over 25,000 projects in more than 130 countries worldwide.The USAID LinkSME project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) works with business support organizations (BSOs) and the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to link Vietnamese small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with lead firms (LFs) in order to integrate SMEs into lead firm supply chains chain and accelerate domestic SME growth. The USAID LinkSME project is creating systemic changes in business relationships between Vietnamese SMEs and lead firms, as well as significant increases in the quantity and/or quality of business linkages between Vietnamese SMEs and lead firms.
IESC is seeking 01 Accountant for the USAID LinkSME Project in Vietnam. Under the direction of the Finance and Administration Team Lead, the Accountant will work full-time and be based in Hanoi.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First review of accounting backup documents and prepare Expenses Vouchers for approval;
- In charge of daily banking, processing bank payments, preparing monthly bank reconciliation reports and ensuring the safety of banking transaction. Liaise with banks on related issues.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information into the accounting software, monthly voucher management file in MS. Excel format to ensure the payments are not duplicated.
- Prepare monthly financial reports. Support in providing and consolidating responses to HO questions on monthly financial reports.
- Support in updating the actual costs for Project following implementation budget if required.
- Collaborate with another Project Accountant to maintain accurate and organized records for external audit;
- Support in preparing monthly VAT declaration report. Work with Tax officers for any Tax related issues if any.
- Support preparation of bi-monthly financial projections and field fund requests;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor to meet Activity objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Accounting or other relevant discipline required;
- At least 7 years of accounting experience;
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) policies and procedures;
- Experience utilizing QuickBooks Online is desired;
- Ability to effectively use computer software, word processing and basic spreadsheet applications;
- Familiarity and experience with international development principles and practice;
- Well-organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Maturity, professionalism, positive attitude and displays acceptable behavior; and,
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English required.
Please note that this position is intended for a Vietnamese national. CVs and cover letters should be submitted in English. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Early applications by November 15, 2022 are strongly encouraged.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer