Job Title: Project assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) Location: Hanoi with travel to related project sites Term: 18 months (extendable) Reporting to: Directly to: Project Director and Coordinator, Knowledge Management Officer and other team leaders (at separated milestones) Indirectly to: related donors
Established in Vietnam in January 2009, Live&Learn’s mission is to reduce poverty and foster greater understanding and action towards a sustainable future through education, community mobilization and supportive partnerships. Live&Learn is also a member of Live&Learn Environmental Education (www.livelearn.org), with rich working experience in sustainable community development and education in the Asia-Pacific.
Since 2009, Live&Learn has been recognized as an innovative and dynamic organization that delivers:
- Awareness-raising and capacity building: Building necessary knowledge, skills and values for environment sustainability through participatory learning methods and process (interactive discussion, debates, forums, educational games, action-oriented training courses, etc.).
- Action: Facilitating youth-led and community-based actions by fostering ideas and initiatives; providing demonstration projects to showcase good practice and highlighting lesson learnt and providing technical and financial support.
- Networking and advocacy: Connecting and engaging different sectors (government authorities, business sector, NGO networks and media) in different development topics.
Using innovative tools of information, communication and technologies including social platforms, online and offline forums, to promote good practices to a wider audience and connect different groups.
The Collective Action for Clean Air (CAfCA) project is to “address air pollution and its negative impact on citizens’ health in Ha Noi and other cities in Vietnam via collective actions by local actors and networks of youth, schools, communities, the private sector and the Government of Vietnam”.
The Project assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – PA_MEL) will support the successful implementation of the project “Collective Action for Clean Air” (CAfCA). S/he shall contribute to achieve project’s goals and objectives, supporting the learning process for the organization and project team to develop, implement the project efficiently and effectively. LiveLearn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The PA_MEL facilitates the process of capturing, analyzing and sharing project information so that the organization can effectively use knowledge to make evidence-based decisions, improve and replicate programs, and share results and lessons learned among implementing partners and external stakeholders.
The PA_MEL will be in charge of applying the approved project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework, and overseeing the MEL activities throughout project life in synergy with the development and application of organization MEL system. S/he will support Knowledge Management Officer undertake program monitoring and reporting over the life of the project against: (I) The MEL Results Framework & Indicator Targets (quarterly); and (ii) The Implementation Plan and Report (quarterly), in compliance with Live&Learn and USAID requirements.
S/He will implement and contribute to a learning/knowledge management plan that uses evidence to adapt projects to improve performance with a documentation process for successes and/or failures of ongoing processes and regular project reviews to assess performance and make adjustments. So that the project’s know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with partners and stakeholders.
This position is expected to ensure good collaboration and coordination with project manager (Director), project coordinator and officers while ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of project's contribution to achieve the LiveLearn’s objectives, mission and vision. It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live the following core values of the organization.
- Weekly update with Project Director/Coordinator and other team members about progress, which outputs/field of tasks that the position and others are working. Ensure weekly meetings with the team members.
- Monthly update on work-plan, results and progress. Based on: projects documents, implementation work-plan, monitoring sheets and budget reports (if available).
- Event update on the progress, results (within 1 week).
- Proactively seek for coaching/support from manager and specialists.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of development at the sole discretion of management.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation (40%)
Monitor the MEL plan and the progress of the project in accordance with project approved proposals and workplans in compliance with Live&Learn and donors’ requirements, including:
- Facilitate MEL activities, including baselines, end-line, developing key indicators and overseeing MEL activities throughout project life, data collection and stakeholder reporting.
- Check the progress and results relating to the project implementation with colleagues and partners, and shall inform or issue a remind note when there is a delay or a failure/ potential failure
- Collect evidences of results (quantitative and qualitative) relating to project activities, output, outcomes and impacts from technical staff and partners to update the system and perform analysis
- Support to develop the project activities’ work plans and reports: o Be responsible for making and aggregating reports on activities, including data collection, report, analysis and management of information/data to develop progress reports on project activities in the agreed formats o Assist in monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators. o Assist in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans
- Support the project team leaders to monitor and assist project activities in specific milestones under the direct supervision of line manager
- Communicate with project implementing partners regarding project planning, implementation, monitoring, and other issues. Review and comment on project partners’ plans and reports if any
- Learning and Knowledge Management (40%):
- Support the development and implement a learning, documentation and knowledge management plan that can be translated into concrete actions;
- Document and disseminate insights in relation to project concept and good practices both from Partners and other alliance’s members;
- Provide data entry back up for Program Officers as deadlines and conflicting priorities dictate;
- Liaise with Project Manager (Director), Project Coordinator and Officers to provide results, learning, and sector-specific data as needed for project planning cycles and strengthening; to stay engaged with all project developments, working as a team on process outcomes, and to integrate learning from best practices;
- Coordinate with Project Director/Coordinator, Communication team and other project officers to ensure knowledge translation for purposes of project learning and improvement and resource mobilization. That includes: providing one-on-one guidance; promoting communities of practice; organizing knowledge sharing events; maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organization; participation in orientation and training sessions; and preparation of brochures/presentations;
- Organization development (20%)
- Collaborating with other Live&Learn colleagues on joint activities
- Other supporting tasks to the team when required
- Perform other duties as requested by direct line managers
- Promote a learning culture within LiveLearn that is inclusive, creative and forward thinking.
- Support Live&Learn to strengthen MEL system, process, and tools.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in administration, social, environment
- Good networking skills with diverse stakeholders (NGOs, government, etc.)
- Strong ability to learn and share
- Enthusiastic, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
- Ability to work in an adaptive and flexible way
- Good reading/writing skills in English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
The closing date for application: 14th March 2021
How to Apply: Interested candidates can send your application via This form
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Live&Learn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization