Job Title: Activity Fund Specialist
Project: Vietnam Urban Energy Security
Reports to: Activity Fund Manager
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Period of Performance: October 26, 2021 – December 25, 2022 (with possible extensions)
Deadline for application: September 26, 2021
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security is a 4-year activity (2019-2023) with the overall goal of “Advanced, distributed energy solutions deployed to improve urban energy resilience and energy security” in Vietnam. The Activity will utilize 5 million USD under the USAID awarded contract to support the demonstration of transformational and replicable business models, new technologies, and innovative financing mechanisms by the public and private sector. At its completion, the USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security must achieve the following high-level expected results:
- At least 400 megawatts (MW) of advanced, distributed energy systems deployed in the selected cities.
- At least $600 million in public and private investment mobilized for advanced, distributed urban energy systems.
- At least 20 innovative solutions to address urban energy and environment issues demonstrated and/or commercialized.
Overview of the Position:
The Activity Fund Specialist will support the Activity Fund Manager in execution, administration and management of grants and subcontracts issued under USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security. The Activity Fund Specialist will work closely with the Activity Fund Manager in Hanoi and the Activity Fund Associates in Danang and Ho Chi Minh City. Duties may include, but are not limited to issuing solicitations, implementation management, financial oversight, and strengthening program staff as well as partners’ capacity to undertake further similar activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the Activity Fund Manager, implement and administer grants and subcontracts throughout their entire lifecycle: pre-award, award and close-out.
- Update and revise Vietnam Urban Energy Security Activity Fund Manual.
- Support the development of requests for applications/proposals and all related solicitation documentation; work with the technical staff to integrate technical guidance and requirements.
- Provide day?to?day administration and management of Vietnam Urban Energy Security Activity Fund, including preparing grant and subcontract packages; monitoring submission of and review grant and subcontract deliverables; monitoring and updating DAI’s information management system, subaward reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID’s and DAI’s rules and regulations.
- Under supervision of the Activity Fund Manager provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees and subcontractors to ensure adherence to the Activity Fund policies.
- Assist the Activity Fund Manager in chairing technical evaluation committees and documenting committee member evaluations and feedback.
- Review and analyze proposal budgets to ensure costs are allowable, allocable, reasonable and consistent.
- Prepare grant negotiation/source selection memos for submission to HO/USAID.
- Review grant/subcontract invoices and grant financial reports for accuracy and eligibility.
- Organize informational sessions for intended recipients of project solicitations.
- Provide assistance to grantees and subcontractors in submitting/revising technical proposals and budgets, achieving and maintaining compliance with USAID regulations, reporting, and other areas in which partners may require support.
- Assist the Activity Fund Manager in technical related work on rooftop solar, energy efficiency, waste to energy, electric vehicle, financing advanced, distributed energy solutions, innovation ecosystem, etc.
- Ensure that all grant/subcontract activities are properly documented from the start of implementation to close-out using DAI operations and grant management systems (TAMIS)
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Activity Fund Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least five years of experience in USAID grants and subcontracts management, including pre-award, award and close-out.
- Experience in capacity building and regular monitoring of partners’ activity implementation and day to day implementation of grants and subcontracts.
- Proven skills in procurement, financial management, compliance management and/or audit.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and teamwork.
- Strong English and Vietnamese writing and speaking skills.
- Experience working with different teams in multiple locations preferred.
Location and Reporting:
- The location for this position is Hanoi. The Activity Fund Specialist will report to the Activity Fund Manager also located in Hanoi and work closely with the Activity Fund Associates in Danang and in HCMC.
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letters detailing their relevant experience and information to VUESRecruitment@dai.com by September 26, 2021.
Deadline for the application: September 26, 2021.
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.
Organisation Name: DAI
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-09-26
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children