JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – ADMIN ASSISTANT CUM ACCOUNTANT
The University of North Carolina (UNC) is a project office of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to conduct HIV prevention research in Vietnam. We have been conducting a number of randomized control trials (RCTs) both behavioral and clinical research in men and women from general and key populations in Vietnam for more than 15 years.
We are now seeking a talented, dedicated and committed individual to join our team in Vietnam to conduct exciting research studies.
Position: 01 Admin Assistant cum Accountant Based in Hanoi.
Report to: Operations and Finance Manager
Under the direction of Operations and Finance Manager, this incumbent of this position is responsible for administration and logistics activities for UNC Vietnam Office and support with project accounting work.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administration and Logistics
- Prepare official letters to report to relevant agencies/ partners regarding foreign experts’ trips to Vietnam as well as other official letters if required;
- Deal with incoming/outgoing pouches/mails/fax request and deliver to relevant addresses;
- Register incoming and outgoing correspondence in appropriate logbooks;
- Support for customs procedures of receiving goods from UNC at Chapel Hill via courier;
- Maintain and update the mailing contact list;
- Assist with filing documents when requested;
- Assist with scanning financial documents when requested;
- Provide administrative and logical assistance to program training/workshops and other office events;
- Draft national holidays schedule for In-Country Director review and approval;
- Logistic arrangement for trainings, meetings and workshops.
2. Travel Arrangement
- Arrange business visas for foreign experts via PACCOM;
- Draft working schedule and travel plan for In-Country Director review and approval;
- Perform timely & proper domestic travel arrangements including transportation arrangements for staffs, experts and visitors;
- Pick up foreign experts from the hotel to the office or take them to meetings during their visits to Vietnam;
- Prepare Travel Authorization (TA) for required approvals, consult with traveler and Admin and Finance Officer as needed.
3. Goods and Service Procurement and Inventory
- Ensure sufficient stock of office supplies;
- Conduct annual survey of regular administrative services including office supplies, printing, photocopying, mailing services... and submit them to Operations and Finance Manager and In-Country Director for review and approval;
- Maintain and monitor to ensure the validity of all administration service contracts (including IT, telephone network, office equipment maintenance contracts...);
- Prepare purchase request for every procurement and seek for needed approvals;
- Cooperate with Admin and Finance Officer to perform procurement for UNC office and study site;
- Conduct bid analysis for Operations and Finance Manager and In-Country Director review and approval and prepare vender selection memo when applicable;
- Support Admin and Finance Officer with property management; Label office property and annual property physical count;
- Update and maintain assets/ expendable inventory book;
- Photocopy or print and bind materials;
- Arrange translation of documents if needed and required.
4. Personnel Administration Assistance
- Update and maintain annual leave balance for national staff;
- Check accuracy of staff timesheet;
- Support in recruitment process including advertising, screening, preparing interview schedule and arrange for interview panel;
- Support in preparing contract for site staff, consultants.
- Be responsible for working with Hanoi Social Insurance agency on registering, paying and reconciling Social Health Unemployment insurance for UNC Vietnam staff.
5. Accounting and Cashier
- Prepare payment/ receipt vouchers and make e-banking wire transfer or cash payment for expenditures of projects to get them reviewed by Operations and Finance Manager and approved by In-Country Director;
- Support in processing payroll and make salary payments
- Keep Petty cash;
- Disburse cash based on approved cash vouchers and record transactions in cash book;
- Prepare petty cash advances when needed including bank withdrawals;
- Perform cash reconciliation with finance staff on weekly basis.
6. Financial Reporting:
- Key in all accounting entries of projects in Quick Books accounting software.
- Prepare the financial reports periodically and send to Operations and Finance Manager for review and for submitting to UNC at Chapel Hill’s finance team.
- Support Operations and Finance Manager in preparing financial reports on salaries/ payroll
7. Perform other tasks as required by Supervisor
Required qualification and skills:
- BA in Economics, Finance, Foreign language or equivalent experience in relevant fields;
- Minimum of 2-year relevant experience in office administration and accounting;
- Experience working in an international NGO, multilateral agency, or donor context preferred;
- Procurement skills and experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Team spirit, flexibility, commitment, and the belief that no task is unimportant;
- Be able and open to learn new knowledge;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Good computer and MS Office skills;
- Experience with Quick Books Pro accounting software is an advantage.
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive salary
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter with contacts for three references and a CV to Mrs. Luong Thi My Ly at email@example.com (in the subject line, please put “Admin assistant cum Accountant”), or by post to the UNC office at Room 407-408, Building A2, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi no later than 23 December 2020 .
We are sorry that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)