Open to Internal and External Candidates
VN 2022/01 (GS-HCMC)
Position Title : Admin Assistant
Duty Station : HCMC, Vietnam
Classification : General Service, Grade 4 (UN salary scale)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : January 28, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications are welcome from first-and second-tier candidates. For the purpose of this vacancy, the internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates. Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the VN. The minimum time in post requirement will be reduced to six months or more for those with short-term contracts.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Office (HoO) and the direct supervision of the Head of Administration, the Administrative Assistant will be mainly responsible for providing daily administrative support, logistics, communication and procurement.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Administrative and HR support
- Provide daily administrative assistance to the Head of Admin and Head of Office;
- In coordination with the Head of Administration, maintain an updated mailing list of contacts including partners, press, IOs, NGOs, stakeholders, etc.;
- Perform the roles of Time-keeper and the office assets’ management;
- Proceed collecting all documentations for hiring non-staff contracts; Perform recording staff info in the IOM’s system;
- Assist managing the offices’ taxi cards and visitor cards; working with FOSCO on health certificates/benefits for local staff who participate in the National Social Scheme;
- Process visa and Identity Document applications for international staff.
Logistics and procurement support
- Support coordinating events hosted by the office (i.e. venue, refreshments, video, etc.); Verify all related documents, check supporting documents prior doing payments requests;
- Monitor the IOM social media accounts, including website and Facebook; provide preliminary responses, and escalate related matters to responsible staff members;
- Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls, incoming e-mails of the IOM Ho Chi Minh mailbox and forward to the responsible unit/person(s);
- Assist drafting letters and diplomatic notes to government entities, consulates and others;
- Maintain a central registry of chronological files of all incoming and outgoing messages in an organized way and issue a reference number for IOM letters and correspondence.
Provision of translation and interpretation
- Make informal translations if requested
Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma with four years of work experience
- or Bachelor Degree with two year of work experience in admin, telephone operator, procurement and secretarial experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills in English and Vietnamese languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at Careers | IOM Viet Nam.
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT