Job Title: ADMIN/LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Project: USAID Sustainable Forest Management
Reports to: Provincial Project Manager
Location: One among 7 provinces under the project (See below)
Date: 22 June 2021
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Overview of the Position
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces (Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri and Quang Nam) and focus on five objectives:
1. Improve and expand community forest management 2. Increase conservation-friendly enterprises in forest-dependent communities 3. Increase functionality of law enforcement system for forest crimes 4. Improve production forest management practices 5. Mobilize domestic resources for forest management and protection
The Project will be implemented during the period 2020-2025 by DAI in collaboration with RECOFTC and Preferred by Nature as partners, with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) as the counterpart and the Management Board of Forestry Projects (MBFP) as project owner.
Summary of Primary Duties
We are looking for 7 full-time Admin/Logistics Assistants to be based in our respective Project provinces namely Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam (one person for each province).
The Admin/Logistics Assistant is a key member of the Field Team. He/She will play a pivotal role in coordinating the daily operations of the field office, including perform routine administrative and logistics tasks and support field technical team members to execute project activities effectively and efficiently. The individual ensures accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, and contract requirements and limitations. He/She will work under the direct supervision of Provincial Project Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
Administration & Logistics:
- Supports the daily administrative operations of the field office of the project.
- Support the field team members in coordination with meetings, communications, and related documentation to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Maintains accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems of the field office.
- Support finance team in forecasting weekly funds request for field office.
- Support to have up-to-date comprehensive travel tracker/dashboard including update calendar of travel schedule details of field office individual travelers and progress of travel expense claims/travel advance clearance as per project policy.
- Support field office to raise travel request(s) and procurement requisition(s) required for specific travels/events in DAI electronic system.
- In coordination with project staff and governmental partners, support in coordination with project staff and governmental partners in arranging logistics services and provide on-site assistance for field trips and project events.
- Support to monitor and evaluate logistics service quality delivered by vendors through regular communication with Technical and Operations team members to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Support to maintain communication with field office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Closely work with Ops team members of Hanoi office to smoothly provide Administrative and logistics support for activities of the field office in compliance with DAI’s and the USAID’s procedures and policies.
HR & Office Management
- Support the Provincial Project Manager & HR Manager in overall HR and office management including but not limit to staff leave tracking, timesheet checking, staff information updating, office directory updating.
- Act as focal person for field office safe and security including but not limit to safe and security for staff and security of the office premises, property therein.
- Manage field office inventory.
- Manage field office space allocations for long-term staff and short-term consultants.
- Work with the IT support staff to ensure efficient operation of IT equipment and local area network.
- Be responsible for facilities management, improvement, and repair issues of field office.
- Conduct micro purchases using petty cash.
- Manage petty cash for field office.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- University degree in business administration, foreign affairs, social science or related field.
- At least 5 years of full-time working experience, of which with at least 3 years of experience relevant to administrative/logistics tasks.
- Experience in USAID-funded or non-profit projects is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work with urgency and under time pressure.
- Strong attention to details.
HOW TO APPLY AND REQUESTED DOCUMENTS:Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English and Vietnamese.
- A cover letter in English indicating why they are suitable for this position current contact details of at least three referees.
- Scanned copy of highest related degrees
Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), June 22, 2021
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website www.dai.com.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank