- Position: Admin & Logistics Volunteer
- Organisation Name: CARE
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: Sun, 2023-12-31
In companionship with CVN, volunteers can expect to (i) Gain insight into the development and humanitarian sector with a strong focus on gender equality (see About CARE), (ii) Build up professional life with first-hand experiences in a diverse working environment; and (iii) Challenge and develop behaviour competences in a dynamic international organization.To that end, volunteers are at the heart of the program, with a support structure that enables them to seek mentorship and collaboration within and beyond the organization. This structure will involve various mentors who could be supervisors, colleagues, and peers to provide on-the-job guidance, educational opportunities, and peer-learning experiences.
As the Volunteer Program is aligned with CVNs Volunteer and Intern Policy and Guidelines, a monthly allowance and Accident and Health package will be provided. For specific tasks that require travel out of their work base, work-related expenses will be covered in accordance with CVN's cost norm.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITIONThe Administrative and Logistics Volunteer undertakes Hanoi office reception functions and assists in various program support tasks. He/she coordinates with all CARE staff in administration, procurement, logistics, and safety and security support tasks.
FRONT DESK (RECEPTION)
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner and accurately transfer calls to appropriate extensions for the staff concerned;
- Ensure accurate message-taking for staff who are not available;
- Distribute and record incoming and outgoing mails;
- Greet guests in a professional manner, direct them to their destination, and
- Attend to front desk general queries and ensure the Reception area is clean and tidy daily.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTIC SUPPORT
- Provide logistic arrangements for workshops/trainings/meetings;
- Manage the internal meeting room reservation;
- Maintain first-aid supplies;
- Update the CVN contact list (staff contact, donor, and partner contact list) and print out the emergency contact cards;
- Support the Administration and Logistic Officer to prepare acquittal and payment vouchers for office supplies and services, including office and international staff lease;
- Assist in translating messages and short documents from Vietnamese into English and vice versa, if requested; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Support Visitors, International staff/Volunteers, including taxi pick up/drop off to/from airport, and
- Support International staff/Volunteers relocation processes as required.
- Support to identify potential suppliers with competent qualifications;
- Support to get supplier's data for Vendor set up form.
COMMON ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR VOLUNTEER AND INTERN
- Promote and hold accountability for your behavior in relation to CVN's core values of Courage, Ambition, Respect, and Equality when working with communities, donors, supporters, partners, and colleagues;
- Promote a safe and secure work environment, foster safety and security awareness, and ensure compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Uphold and promote CARE's commitment to Child Protection and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse;
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, diversity, and child protection.
- Comply with CVN's financial and operational requirements, foster strong communication between operations and programme teams, and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in personal conduct.
- A high sense of purpose and an eagerness to learn about CARE, gender equality, women's empowerment, and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Experiences in community services, volunteerism, and development work are an advantage;
- Ability to take direction and follow standard policies, procedures, and processes;
- Positive working attitude, close attention to details, and good task management;
- Good verbal and written Vietnamese and English.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office and numeric skills.
Why you should apply:
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Supportive teams
Application deadline:Open until the post is filled
Interested?We invite Vietnamese candidates to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete the online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers-page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation that has worked with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 on over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices contributing to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long-term programme goals in Vietnam are that Rural Programme (RP) in remote mountainous areas and Urban Programme (UP) in urban areas equitably benefit from development, are resilient to changing circumstances, and have a legitimate voice. To learn more, visit: www.care.org.vnCARE is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and protecting the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment, and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.
KOTO-Know One Teach One