ABOUT VOLUNTEER PROGRAMVolunteer Program at CARE International in Vietnam (CVN) is designed for national young talents who desire to pave their career path with interest in development work, in a hope that their contribution to CVN would promote not only growth of their knowledge and skills but development of their career as well.
In companionship with CVN, volunteers can expect to (i) Gain an insight of development and humanitarian sector with a strong focus on gender equality (see About CARE); (ii) Build up professional life with first-hand experiences in a diverse working environment; and (iii) Challenge and develop behaviour competences in a dynamic international organization.
To that end, volunteers are at the heart of the program with a support structure that enables them to seek mentorship and collaboration within and beyond the organization. This structure will involve various mentors who could be supervisors, colleagues, and peers to provide on-job guidance, educational opportunities, and peer-learning experiences.
As Volunteer Program is aligned with CVNs Volunteer and Intern Policy and Guidelines, monthly allowance along with Accident and Health package will be provided. For specific tasks that require travel out of their work base, work-related expenses will be covered in accordance to CVNs cost norm.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITIONThe Administrative and Logistic Volunteer undertakes Hanoi office reception functions and assists in various program support tasks. He/she coordinates with all CARE staff, in administration, procurement, logistics and safety and security support tasks.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIESFRONT DESK (RECEPTION)
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner and accurately transfer calls to appropriate extensions for staff concerned;
- Ensure accurate message taking for staff who are not available;
- Distribute and record incoming and outgoing mails;
- Greet guests in a professional manner and direct them to their destination; and
- Attend to front desk general queries and ensure Reception area is clean and tidy every day.
- Provide logistic arrangement for workshops/trainings/meetings;
- Manage the internal meeting room reservation;
- Maintain first-aid supplies;
- Update CVN contact list (staff contact, donor and partner contact list) and print out the emergency contact cards;
- Support the Administration and Logistic Officer to prepare acquittal and payment vouchers for office supplies and services, including office and international staff lease;
- Assist in translating messages and short documents from Vietnamese into English and vice versa, if requested; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Support Visitors, International staff/Volunteers including taxi pick up/drop off to/from airport; and
- Support International staff/Volunteers relocation processes as required.
- Support to identify potential suppliers with competent qualification;
- Support to process Purchase request include: order goods/service, make Purchase Order, payment and all supporting documents when requested; and
COMMON ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR VOLUNTEER AND INTERN
- Promote and hold accountability for your behavior in relation to CVNs core values of Courage, Ambition, Respect and Equality when working with communities, donors, supporters, partners and colleagues;
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure compliance with the safety and security policies and procedures.
- Uphold and promote CAREs commitment to Child Protection and the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse;
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, diversity, and child protection.
- Comply with CVNs financial and operational requirements, foster strong communication between operations and programme teams and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in personal conduct.
- A high sense of purpose and an eager to learn about CARE, gender equality, womens empowerment, and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Experiences in community services, volunteerism and development work is an advantage;
- Ability to take direction and follow standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Positive working attitude, close attention to details and good task management;
- Good verbal and written Vietnamese and English.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office and numeric skills.
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Supportive teams
We invite Vietnamese candidate to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers-page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.