Call for an Administration & Logistic officer
TERMS OF REFERENCE
For 28 years, Agrisud International, a non-profit association under French law, has been supporting the most vulnerable populations to rise from a state of precariousness to economic and social autonomy.
Agrisud International promotes economic growth through the creation of very small family businesses, especially in the agricultural sector. These businesses are viable and sustainable, because they are economic and agro-ecological, because they are well anchored in the local market, and because the entrepreneur was able to be accompanied throughout a professionalization process.
Agrisud pursues its objective in developing countries.
IDEAS project in Vietnam
The Hoang Lien National Park (HLNP) is made up of six communes populated mainly by Hmong, Day and Dao ethnic minorities living from agriculture, forestry and traditional handicrafts. To date, farming families face many challenges in agriculture and poverty rates remain high (53.3% on average), the main causes of poverty are: the lack of agricultural land due to the increase in demography and the classification of the territory as a protected natural park (since 2002) leading to the prohibition of opening new fields of cultivation; vulnerability of crops and livestock to climate risks; low diversification of income-generating activities and heavy reliance on cardamom cultivation.
In this context, the project IDEAS (Income Development for Ethnic Minorities Based on Agriculture Sustainability) supports families from ethnic minorities living in the park and its periphery, with the objectives of improving and diversifying agricultural activities for food security and sustainable income generation, and on the other, poverty reduction to reduce the pressure on natural resources and help preserve the local biodiversity of the HLNP.
General objective: To support the technical and economic development of agricultural systems in PNHL territory by contributing to the preservation of natural resources.
Specific objective: To promote sustainable agricultural systems for families of ethnic minority groups living in and on the periphery of the PNHL through the improvement and diversification of agro-ecological production, the development of fair value-chains supported by the cooperative and the implementation of awareness-raising actions for sustainable and inclusive development.
- Continue the technical strengthening and professionalization of farms and their groups.
- Develop an offer of agricultural services for farms through the Hoang Lien Cooperative and master farmers.
- Implement awareness raising actions for environmental protection, gender and social inclusion.
Roles and responsibilities of the Administration & Logistic officer
The Administration & Logistic officer’s primary role is to ensure the efficient operation of IDEAS project’s office for financial management, logistics and administrative support. The Administration & Logistic officer is working under the direct hierarchy of the project coordination team.
The Administration & Logistic officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Organization of travel arrangements, accommodation and other administration related tasks for national and international employees and visitors (bookings and reservations, advance payment, international employees or visitors authorization letters, etc).
- Assist for the organization of meetings, seminars, events, workshops (invitations, facilities, consumables, etc).
- Responsible for internal communication by taking team meeting minutes and sending them to all team members.
- Financial management of the office cash box: manage cash expenditures; administer and review the advance and settlement to ensure the compliance and accuracy; manage cash books (book-keeping), petty cash and preparation of end of month accountability bills for the project coordinator; implement good accounting practices and financial controls.
- Ensure that sufficient fund for payment availability in the cash box and maintain good relationship with partners and suppliers.
- Support the coordination team in preparing documents for internal and as well as external auditors. Ensure all financial documents are reviewed and filed properly and clarify any issues identified.
- Complete filing and photocopying as required.
- Manage the inventory, stocking of all office supplies to ensure that they are adequately stocked and properly maintained (office supplies, stationary, etc).
- Visitor register and pick-up of office phone calls.
- Prepare and draft official letters, documents both in Vietnamese and English as required.
- Provide written translation when requested.
- Assist the coordination team on human resource management and procedures (staff monthly salaries and insurances payment, benefits payment, renewal of work contract, day-offs and holidays tracking, etc).
- Project vehicle management (assigning motorbikes, safety & security, insurance, maintenance, log sheet and etc).
- Ensure that incoming purchase requests are completed correctly and in accordance with the project’s financial regulations (call for suppliers, bid analysis and supplier contracts).
- Pro-active follow up & monitoring of all pending orders and providing regular status update, flagging any issues, potential delay to the coordination team.
- Update regularly and manage the supplier’s database.
- Purchase supplies and equipment according to received and approved requests. Assist project staff in purchasing project materials and supplies as required.
- Report in a timely manner on damage and loss of goods and write all incident reports.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related disciplines preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum three years of work experience in accounting and office administration in private or international organizations (Work experience in iNGO/local NGO environment is a plus);
- Good English language communication skills (both oral and written);
- Expertise using Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and internet applications;
- Multi-task and prioritize effectively, attention to apply guidance from the coordination team;
- Self-directed, reliable, accountable, professional, effective coordination and delegation, good in communication;
- Honest, approachable, flexible, with high team spirit.
- Local contract for a Vietnamese nationality
- Fixed contract of 1 year, with possibility of renewal
- Net monthly salary according to experience and salary grid of Agrisud
- Position based in the project office in Sa Pa, Lao Cai Province, Vietnam.
- Office : Hoang Lien National Park, No. 89 - Group 11b - Nguyen Chi Thanh Road – Phan Si Pang Ward - Sa Pa Town - Lao Cai Province
- Field work: in Hoang Lien National Park area, under the arangement of IDEAS Project.
Interested candidates can submit a full application sending a cover letter and up-to-date CV, in English, including contact details of minimum two professional referees (current and last line managers and HR department) by email to IDEAS project coordinator, Mr. Công Huy Le, at firstname.lastname@example.org (086 208 3068).
Please also include details of your salary expectations and a copy of your latest diploma. Applications must be complete and marked "Recruitment of the Administration and Logistic officer - IDEAS Project - Vietnam" as the subject of the e-mail. Only full applications will be reviewed. Please note that we will require a copy of your Criminal Records later if pre-selected.
Closing date for applications: January 20th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.
Timetable for interviews and selection: The interviews will be organised from the 28th of January 2021 (options of interview will be discussed with shortlisted candidates). Final selected candidates will be informed shortly after.
Start of the contract: From 18th of February 2020.
05/10/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
30/09/2022Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact