Vacancy no.: DC/HANOI/GS/2020/03
Publication date: 14 February 2020
Application deadline (midnight local time): 28 February 2020
Job ID: 2565
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: CO-Hanoi
Contract type: Short Term
Contract duration: 3.5 months
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
To achieve the goal of decent work for all in Vietnam, the ILO Country Office for Vietnam supports the Vietnam Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) with three priority areas: Labour Market Governance; Social Protection; and Employment and Sustainable Enterprise Development. In the implementation of the DWCP, the ILO Office works in close partnership with the Government of Vietnam, in particular the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA) and its social partners, the representative employers’ and workers’ organizations of Vietnam. The Vietnam DWCP is an integral part of the One UN Plan.
The ILO Country Office for Vietnam is implementing a programme entitled Developing and Implementing a New Industrial Relations Framework in respect of the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (“NIRF/FPRW Programme”). The aim of the programme is to assist Vietnam to reform and improve the legal and institutional framework relating to industrial relations consistent with the 1998 ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
The programme has multiple projects with support from several donors including the United States, Japan, European Union (EU) and Canada. This position will provide direct support for NIRF/Japan project under the NIRF/FPRW programme funded by Japan to provide technical support to improve the industrial relations framework in Viet Nam.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will report directly to the National Project Coordinators/ Project Manager of the NIRF/Japan Project and will work in close collaboration with the NIRF/Japan team and other staff members in the Country Office.
During the fulfilment of duties, upon the need(s), he/ she will receive necessary guidance and support from the Finance and Administrative Assistant of the Project.
The incumbent will also be required to maintain a close working relationship with the ILO Regional Office for Asia and ILO Headquarters.
Description of Duties
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates and expenditure, forecasts and closure
- Assist in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the ILO financial rules and regulations;
- Collect quotations, draft contracts and agreements with partners and suppliers
- Assist in providing information to project’s Implementing Partners on ILO administrative and financial procedures. Inform potential difficulties that may arise from the administrative and finance management
- Perform administrative tasks, including logistical support to the project personnel, travel arrangements (including TA request), visas, hotel reservation, etc., and provide logistics arrangements for meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Provide support for incoming and outgoing missions, and provide briefing materials and support to specialists and project staff undertake project activities
- Assist in drafting terms of reference for project external collaboration contracts and service contracts under the guidance of National Project Officers, Labour Standards Specialist and Project Manager
- Review project documentation for clarity and consistency as required
- Assist the NIRF/Japan project in the preparation of accounting records and contracts by identifying and consolidating data and relevant information, scanning documentations
- Document translation as required
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Project Manager and the Director of the Country Office from time to time
Completion of secondary school education supplemented by commercial training in bookkeeping, accounting would be advantage.
At least four to five years of relevant work experience. Similar experience with the United Nations Common System or an international organization is desirable. Knowledge of the relevant project and programme area and the Office’s operations would be ideal.
Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to changing demands and multitasks.
- Proficient in basic computer software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Ability to determine relevant background and reference materials for others, and to screen requires for urgency and priority.
- Ability to respond to requests from officials from government offices, ministries, ILO constituents and NGOs.
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to search and retrieve information from databases and compile reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing administrative/ accounting and financial documents and maintaining file system.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi