Incumbent of this position will have three primary areas of responsibilities:
1) S/he will serve as the executive administrative assistant to the Senior Commercial Officer (SCO) and the Commercial Officer (CO). The incumbent will have primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities for the Commercial Counselor including scheduling appointments, coordinating communications with other sections in the Embassy, and interfacing with the Vietnamese Government and private sector.
2) S/he will support the senior Admin Management/Budget Analyst in managing the daily operation of Commercial Services (CS) Hanoi including on tasks such as: time and attendance reports, access request controls, cable traffic and/or Diplomatic notes/letters, work requests and other administrative tasks in compliance with Embassy procedures. The incumbent will support the Admin Management/Budget Analyst in planning and developing the CS annual and quarterly budgets and managing CS Hanoi’s procurement system in accordance with General Services Office (GSO) policies, managing the annual office inventory survey on the Sun Flower system, maintaining the functioning of the Hanoi office’s ITA/Commerce IT and network systems in optimal conditions, communicating with HQ and other posts on the system’s operations and maintenance services. Duties include installation of all software programs at Hanoi office with guidance from D OC IT Help desk and/or necessary training courses for staff regarding utilization of IT Tools as well as other existing software programs.
3) S/he will support all the client facing staff (Commercial Specialists/Assistants) in carrying out FCS trade promotion programs such as the Gold key Matchmaking programs, ICP, SCP, various industry round tables, trade shows, trade missions, and trade promotion related events for the Front Office. Duties include assisting the senior Admin Management/Budget Analyst, along with the Commercial Specialists/Assistants to plan and budget for the events, assist in collecting event/program fees from company clients, coordinate with HQ to receive funding, communicate with vendors such as hotels, interpreters, ground transportation rentals to ensure smooth implementation.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in an administrative position in an English speaking environment is required.
Must have thorough knowledge of overall mission of Foreign Commercial Services (FCS), and basic knowledge of the function of all other sections in the Embassy is also necessary so that the position can interact on the behalf of the FCS office effectively.
University/College studies is required.
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have basic knowledge of IT systems and the Microsoft office suite in order to facilitate trouble shooting.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for these positions will be determined by Washington DC. The proposed grade is FP [enter grade and salary].
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)