- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-07
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 01/10/2021 – 01/24/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE – 0105 7
- Salary: USD $13,827
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-7
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will provide secretarial and administrative support to the General Services Officers (GSO) and LE staff by using good working knowledge of the GSO office. In addition, the incumbent will serve as a receptionist for the Management Unit. The incumbent will act as Travel arranger for all GSO officers and staff. S/he will assist travelers with training request, insurance, hotel, visa and back up the Travel section. The incumbent will be directly supervised by the Supervisory General Services Officer.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three (03) years specific progressively responsible professional experience in secretarial or administrative assistance, with at least two years providing support to a senior executive at a governmental, international, or multi-national organization, is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have working knowledge of the important functions under the General Services Office and possess the ability to deal with Host Government officials at senior ministerial rank.
- Education Requirements:
- College or University studies is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be able to perform computer operation with commonly used programs such as word processing, electronic calendaring systems, and basic accounting.
- Possess deep organizational skills with a focus on customer service.
- Be able to communicate with both American Officers and Vietnamese staff in the U.S. Mission, Vietnamese Government officials up to senior and ministerial rank in friendly and supportive nature.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Benefits: Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children
02/02/2021Save the Children