Duty station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP – 31/07/2025 with the possibility of extension
About GIZAs a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;3)Energy. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/vietnam.
About “DTC Vietnam”
The Digital Transformation Center Vietnam supports our Vietnamese partners in shaping Digital Transformation that is human-centered and sustainable. The project is expected to be continued in 2024 with a possible contract extension.
Three focus areas are:
- Green Tech Entrepreneurship
- Industry 4.0 (digitalization of SMEs) and
- Technology policy
- Smooth and professional provision of financial and accounting services to the project according to general and specific GIZ rules and regulations as well as the applied finance and accounting guidelines.
- Managing petty cash/cashier/cash book or advance to petty cash.
- Verifying vouchers paid via petty cash or advance to petty cash (paid in cash) according to GIZ guidelines and submitting to SED Cluster for reimbursement and accounting.
- Tracking of payments, receivables, liabilities, and contractual obligations, including invoicing etc. as required.
- Supporting cost calculation, implementing, and monitoring cost sharing mechanism among service packages of the projects.
- Supporting financial analysis and planning on expenditures, cost, and payment obligations
- Coordinating and registering fund requests for monthly disbursement plan at the project level.
- Ensuring and improving the quality standards for financial services provided to the project
- Support in procurement of goods and services for projects
- Support the project administration and management team in event organization, logistics and general administration.
- University degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economic preferably in accounting and finance
- At least 1 year professional experience in a comparable position
- At least 1 year in an organization of international cooperation preferably in projects/programmes / or in accounting and finance
- Proven in-depth understanding of financial planning and administration
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working within international teams
- Excellent written and oral English and Vietnamese language skills; a basic command of German would be an asset
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Accounting software…)
- Dynamic, reliable, self-motivated, service-oriented and a team player
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive compensation and benefits and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 19th June 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for Administrative Assistant at the Digital Transformation Center” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)