Announcement Number: HANOI-2019-59
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Logistics Assistant) - All Interested Applicants
Open Period:11/29/2019 - 12/13/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone:GMT+7
Series/Grade:LE - 0105 7
Work Schedule:Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
• This is a temporary position not to exceed six months.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees
before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:No
25% or less
The incumbent of the position is required to work overtime during mission periods and to meet operational requirements and deadlines. This may involve working late in the evenings or on weekends. (Approximate number of weekly overtime hours approximately 120 hours per year. Weekend overtime approximately 50 hours per year.).
Under the supervision of the Financial Procurement Management Analyst, incumbent of the position will serve as the principal contact with the US Embassy Financial Management Section (FMC) on all payment transactions for Detachment Two office of the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA). S/he will prepare and process all contractor/vendor payments through the FMC and tracks the status of final payment vouchers to ensure payments are timely and accurately received. The incumbent will perform the review of vouchers for accuracy, reconciles accounts, updates financial records, and provides weekly status reports to the Financial Procurement Management Analyst.
The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting the Financial Procurement Management Analyst in processing procurement of all supplies/services through US Embassy General Services Office, independently preparing all customs clearance documentation and cargo manifests for import and export of cargo and equipment for the deployment/redeployment of teams coming into the country for Joint Field Activity (JFA)’s and channel flights. The incumbent will maintain and control all of Detachment Two’s non-expendable and expendable property logs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least two years prior experience in administration, accounting, or bookkeeping is required..
- A clear comprehension of accounting systems.
- Good knowledge of accounting and payment processes and an understanding of related internal control concepts.
- Ability to use a computer with emphasis on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
A bachelor’s degree in financial management or business administration is required.
Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze data, accounting and payment records and reports, and obtain necessary information to correct problems.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Power Point, and Word), internet and website navigation skills, and automated financial and/accounting applications.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills; solid interpersonal skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team including with colleagues in different physical locations and under continuous pressure.
Excellent concentration skills in order to pace interpreting and ensure accuracy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Information
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.