- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant (CONS)
- Open Period: 05/11/2023 - 05/25/2023
- Salary: USD $13,827 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week. Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Incumbent of this position will be the Consular Section’s office manager and concurrently be solely responsible for all management and administrative functions in the Consular Section. Under the supervision and guidance of the Countrywide Consular Coordinator/Section Chief, Deputy Chief, and Locally Employed (LE) Staff Supervisory Specialist, the incumbent will provide all office management functions to the section, including budget management, procurement, travel arrangement, and office inventory, among others. The incumbent will also provide secretarial functions to the section including assisting with protocol services, facilitating meetings, screening phone calls, and other logistical assistance. Additionally, the incumbent will provide American Citizen Services and visa processing assistance as required by the workload.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of experience in the administrative, office management, consular work, or area related to customer service, and/or work applying relatively complex regulatory material is required.JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must/must have:
- Strong understanding of administrative office procedures and sold knowledge internet use and familiarity of databases.
- Good knowledge of Vietnamese laws pertaining to civil matters (marriage, death, births, etc.).
Education Requirements: College or university studies is required.Evaluations:
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be/have:
- Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask efficiently with a high degree of accuracy in a very demanding work environment.
- Able to deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner, and to work under pressure.
- Advanced keyboarding and data entry skills due to constant demand for data entry. Accuracy of data entry is a critical requirement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to translate/interpret professionally English to Vietnamese and vice versa, as well as the ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply relatively complex regulations.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Benefits:Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/For further detailed information, please visit here. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi