Announcement Number: HANOI-2022-55
- Hiring Agency: U.S Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Administrative Clerk (OBO) - All Interested Applicants / All SourcesOpen
- Period:11/15/2022 - 11/29/2022
- Time Zone: GMT+7
- Salary:USD $12,160
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Definite subject to successful completion of probationary period (3-year fixed-term)
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources For USEFM - FP is . Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust - Background InvestigationAppointment TypeTerm appt, NTE 3 yrsAppointment Type Details:Definite subject to successful completion of probationary period (3-year fixed-term)Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week. The incumbent will be expected to work some night shifts. Actual work schedule will be designated by supervisor.
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working from 45 days to 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoTravel Required:Not Required
Under the direction of the Supervisory Administrative Assistant or Project Director, the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Administrative Clerk will furnish a wide range of administrative duties. These activities may include, but not limited to, financial, procurement and supplies, computer network, shipping and travel, personnel, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of clerical/administrative/customer service experience in an office setting is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have/Must be
- Knowledge of office management functions, services, procedures and standard information sources.
- Knowledge of OBO or general design/construction guidelines and vocabulary will be required.
- Knowledge of host-nation employment and VAT requirements.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledgein Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to deal effectively with customers and organize own work to meet established deadlines.
- Good customer service orientation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to use a computer for data entry, spreadsheets, word processing, and email.
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in other organizations in order to coordinate personnel matters.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 22 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. are posted with the vacancy announcement on the U.S. Mission internet website: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/. You may also contact the Human Resources Office via HanoiHR@state.gov to obtain it.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact