- Announcement Number: HANOI-2019-61
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Administrative Management Assistant - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 12/02/2019 - 12/16/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0105 8
- Salary: USD $15,396
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: 25% or less
Due to the nature of Commerce’s activities in Vietnam, the incumbent will be tasked with supporting USG and business delegation visits to the country. These visits will require early morning, late evening and weekend working hours.
DutiesUnder the daily supervision and overall guidance of the Senior Commercial Officer (SCO), incumbent of this position will oversee and coordinate all budget and administrative functions, providing management guidance and operational support for FCS Hanoi office. This includes all budget planning and submissions, FCS programmatic service fees collection (such as Goldkey Matchmaking Service, Single Company Promotion, International Company Profiles) from external clients, sub-cashier responsibilities, personnel actions, logistics, procurement, office supplies, housing leases, payroll, travel, renovations, inventory, time/attendance, supervision of office drivers, commercial clerk, interns, and overall coordination with U.S. Embassy administrative and services offices. The incumbent will also serve as System Administrator and has responsibilities for the operation of Local Area Network (LAN) computer system site for U.S. Commercial Services (USCS) in HANOI. S/he will be responsible for a full range of executive support duties for the SCO and Deputy, the planning and oversight of the implementation of operational services for all components of the FCS Hanoi office and coordination with FCS HCMC administrative and operational support activities.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in administrative work, with a minimum of two years of experience in a business or diplomatic mission with an emphasis on budgeting, office management, or administrative skills is required. Additional one year of supervisory experience or working in leadership roles is required.
- Proper writing formats, standard business office operating procedures, international telecommunications administration user regulations, accounting skills, network and client PC skill, software packages, including Excel and accounting software.
- Education Requirements:
- An University degree in Accounting, Economics, Administration, Business, or International Relations is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to:
- Outstanding communication skills in both English and Vietnamese, as well as tact and discretion, are essential.
- Possess speed and accuracy to meet the volume. Word-processing and spreadsheet skills, computer proficiency, ability to train staff on administrative skills and Local Area network computer system.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site. Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy