KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
In Vietnam, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation promotes effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control by supporting and building capacity of health system, including national programs and active participation in national and international policy development.
In the period of 2021-2025, KNCV works closely with the Vietnam National TB Control Program to provide support in development and implementation of the National Strategic Plan to end TB for 2021-2025 and vision for 2030. The KNCV funded projects focuses on introduction of new drugs and regimens, innovative diagnostics, TB infection control and the preparation of strategic TB control plan and funding applications
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Administrative Officer is responsible for the administrative work, manage the procurement and administrative processes, monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, interpretation and translation for the KNCV Vietnam Country Office. The position reports directly to the Country Representative Officer.
The Administrative Officer is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Take responsibility in correspondence between KNCV and partners, local agency; inform and update information to POs, CRO about the progress: telephone communications, take notes, incoming-outgoing letters, office documentation and reports.
- Maintain the project administration in filling system and sever to ensure the KNCV global office security procedure: keep track of plans and reports related to projects and programs, keep program documentation and project administration
- Assemble Terms of References and contracts based on standard formats and clauses;
- Support in arranging logistics, organization of workshops, seminars, meetings, etc. including estimating budgets for these activities, settle payment, monitoring expenditures, and ensuring that documents and other materials are available on time;
- Interpret and translate documents, letters vice versa into English or Vietnamese and translate and interpret at meetings; accompany international consultants during field visits as needed;
- Draft letters in English and in Vietnamese
- Attend meeting and take notes/minutes when needed.
- Function as contact for information concerning quotations, bank details, reports etc. when needed;
- Arrange logistic support (travel, hotel, visa application, etc) for field trips, external consultants, technical and project officers’ travels;
- Collaborate with Financial Officers about project expenditures: arrange the payment on petty cash; checking expenditure reports, chase up the payment for logistic, consultants and others suppliers.; chase up and check timesheet of staff/consultants.
- Oversee facilities, technology, and materials utilized in the office, coordinating with appropriate services;
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents and reports from partners;
- Manage information and general administration issues and practices;
- Maintenance and management of the physical office and equipment;
- Control stationeries and maintain stationary inventories; Purchase office consumables and other items as required.
- Manage the inventories list of office equipment.
- Monitor and supervise other administrative works: office arrangement, security and cleaner.
- Manage in-country procurement
- Monitoring staff attendance and maintain related documents
- Ensure timely and quality reporting at all levels
- Assist CRO in timely and quality reporting to donors and stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as requested by the Country Representative Officer.
Who are we looking for?
- Being a residence of Vietnam;
- University degree required, preferably in English and/or public health or a development - oriented subject;
- More than 5 years of relevant interpreting/translating work experience in his/her specific technical area;
- Professional speaking/reading/writing English and Vietnamese is required;
- Good administrative skills, systematic way of working and experience in organizing office documentation and materials;
- Ability to use computer software related to program administration; Microsoft office programs, notably Word, Excel, Power point;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work according to deadlines and instructions;
- Being motivated and able to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability in team situations, sensitive to others, and an ability to provide support and positive timely contribution;
- Carefulness, accuracy, honesty, enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Having good references from previous employers and/or teachers;
- Ability and willing to travel when needed to projects outside Hanoi.
- Ability to multi-task;
- Being innovative and creative;
- Strong analytic capacity;
- Being able to deal with resistance;
- Being self-initiating;
- Networking, negotiation and coordination;
- Being sensitive to cultural differences and understanding the socio-economic, political and ethical issues surrounding TB control;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among staff within KNCV country offices as well as external partners.
- Tasks are performed independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments.
- This job involves regular travel. The Administrative officer will frequently travel in-country
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 10 October 2021. For more information please contact email@example.com For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org
Organisation Name: KNCV
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-10
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross