As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Viet Nam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency and smart grid.
The Energy Support Programme (ESP) requires a qualified local professional for the positions of
Administrative Officer/Contract and Procurement
- Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Duration: ASAP for 2 years contract with the possible extension
I. Main responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all contracts of the assigned project(s) within the Energy Support Programme (ESP), including consultants, consulting companies and other service providers for different projects of the Programme; follow up their respective implementation and monitor respective payments in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Purchase materials and equipment for assigned project(s) of ESP in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Ensure an effective flow of communication and information within the ESP as well as with colleagues of the Contract and Procurement Section of the GIZ Country Office
- Support and back-up other Admin Officers when required
II. Minimum requirements:
- A University Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as finance and accounting, business administration or public administration;
- At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in the area concerned; experience in a similar position in a project/programme in international development cooperation is an asset;
- Strong experience in general administration and especially procurement and contracting;
- Full proficiency in information technologies as well as Vietnamese and English; good knowledge of German would be a strong asset;
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Dynamic, reliable and open-minded character having the willingness to excel and perform on a high-level under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 17th July 2022.
Note: Please state “Application for the Administrative Officer/C&P – ESP” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN