As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ project “Support to Vietnam for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement” (short: “SIPA”) assists the Vietnamese government in the implementation of its climate change targets in the context of the Paris Agreement, as laid out in its NDC. It advises the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) in the revision of its NDC and in the mainstreaming of its climate change related targets into sector policies and strategies. The project also supports MONRE in living up to its role as the national climate change policy coordinator, and in elaborating a long-term climate change strategy, which will determine the required framework for achieving the country’s targets and working to the expectations of the Paris Agreement.
SIPA also contributes to improving the resilience to the impacts of climate change through eco-system-based adaptation in selected provinces. Above all, the project will also support Vietnam in elaborating bankable Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs), mobilising domestic finance for them and possibly handing them in to international climate funds.
SIPA is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
In the priority area of Environment, we are looking for an:
Administrative Officer/Contracts and Procurement “SIPA” Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration: ASAP until 30.09.2022
- Manage and monitor all contracts within the Support for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement Programme (SIPA) and other service packages, including consultants, consulting companies and other service providers;
- Follow up their respective implementation and monitor respective payments in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations;
- Purchase materials and equipment for SIPA and project partners in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations;
- Ensure an effective flow of communication and information within the SIPA as well as with colleagues of the Contract and Procurement Section of the GIZ Country Office;
- Support and back-up other Admin Officers when required.
- A University Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as finance and accounting, business administration or public administration;
- At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in the area concerned; experience in a similar position in a project/programme in international development cooperation is an asset;
- Strong experience in general administration and especially procurement and contracting;
- Full proficiency in information technologies as well as Vietnamese and English; good knowledge of German would be a strong asset;
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Dynamic, reliable and open-minded character having the willingness to excel and perform on a high-level under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation, and good training and professional development possibilities.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 4th January 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for Administrative Officer/C&P for SIPA project” in the subject line or on the envelop.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged. Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE (For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de)
10/02/2022SAVE VIETNAM'S WILDLIFE
07/02/2022FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
15/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
14/02/2022Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
07/02/2022UK Embassy in Vietnam
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)