Advisor – Corporate Renewable Energy, Vietnam
Clean Energy Investment Accelerator – Vietnam (CEIA Vietnam)
The Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (www.cleanenergyinvest.org) is a public-private partnership initiative supported by the U.S. and German governments and other philanthropic partners. The CEIA is engaging in a multi-year effort in Vietnam to improve clean energy procurement opportunities for large energy users, primarily commercial and industrial businesses. To facilitate clean energy market improvement and investment growth, CEIA is working with a wide range of market stakeholders including commercial and industrial (C&I) energy users and their supply chain partners, private energy investors and project developers, government entities, and also international development partners and programs such as the USAID Vietnam Low Emission Energy Program (V-LEEP) and the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI Vietnam).
The CEIA team is jointly led by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the World Resources Institute (WRI), and Allotrope Partners.
We are seeking to add an Advisor, Corporate Renewable Energy based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City to support CEIA Vietnam in a range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Managing existing and identifying new collaboration opportunities for CEIA with a range of stakeholders including: the private sector (corporate energy users, RE project developers, investors, and banks), Government of Vietnam stakeholders, and development and donor partners;
- Conducting site evaluations, data collection, and pre-feasibility studies to support renewable energy procurements by the corporate energy users CEIA is partnering with;
- Renewable energy policy and investment market research;
- Engaging Vietnamese policymakers in support of CEIA efforts to convey the experience of the private sector in Vietnam regarding the implementation of renewable energy projects; and
- Representing and presenting on behalf of CEIA at industry events and workshops, as well as supporting event planning and execution of workshops hosted by CEIA.
We are actively seeking candidates with experience and skill sets directly related to solar PV project development — particularly commercial and industrial rooftop solar — and a deep understanding of Vietnam’s power sector, the quickly evolving renewable energy market, and key stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
This is a full-time position subject to an initial 6-month evaluation period. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to build the CEIA team in Vietnam as the program expands.
Job Activities and Responsibilities:
A. Pilot Project Identification, Development, and Execution
Play a proactive role in helping the CEIA team identify renewable energy pilot project opportunities with corporate buyers, support site evaluations and project pre-feasibility studies, as well as liaise with corporate clients. Tasks may include:
- Communicating with prospective clients and visiting commercial and industrial (C&I) sites to collect and organize operational data, i.e. electricity consumption, load profile data, roof and building drawings, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Identifying and evaluating financing options and RE procurement models available and applicable to corporate buyers.
- Contributing to feasibility studies and investment analyses of renewable energy projects for C&I applications.
- Contributing to the development of procurement bidding documents and materials.
B. Market Engagement and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Support the planning, organization, and execution of stakeholder engagement through RE Buyers Working Group meetings and other events regularly hosted by CEIA.
Activities may include:
- conducting outreach to key stakeholders via phone and email
- coordinating partner inputs on event materials,
- leading event logistics preparation
- Represent CEIA at industry events as well as one-on-one meetings with key market stakeholders including commercial and industrial energy users, clean energy project developers, investors, and banks.
- Convey CEIA messages and priorities to relevant audiences, and gather pertinent information about market stakeholders and their developments.
C. Policy Research, Analysis, and Engagement
- Support CEIA’s clear and consistent communication with government agencies and other stakeholders on policy and regulatory information related to renewable energy project development and operation.
- Track policy and regulatory changes on a regular basis and ensure CEIA’s broader team is aware and up-to-date on the latest developments.
- Collaborate with the global CEIA team to ensure rigorous quality control standards are met for research and analysis products.
- Vietnamese nationality
- Fluency in English and demonstration of excellent English-language speaking and writing capabilities
- At least 4-8 years of experience in an energy, research, business, finance, or project development field
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Foundation of knowledge and experience with technical aspects of power generation projects – ideally with decentralized RE sources, such as rooftop solar PV
- Foundation of knowledge and experience related to energy procurement and associated business models.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Prior experience working with a diverse, international English-speaking team and ability to provide thorough and regular written and verbal communications with an international team
- Proven ability to work independently and be a “self-starter”
- Excellent understanding of renewable energy (primarily solar PV) and mechanisms relevant to commercial and industrial energy users
- Strong knowledge of regulatory processes related to Vietnam’s power sector, and specifically, renewable energy development, power sector structure, and stakeholders
- Existing network of contacts relevant to Vietnam’s energy industry, as well as commercial and industrial businesses
- An energy, engineering, economics, or finance graduate degree with instruction in English
- Strong networks or relationships that facilitate up-to-date knowledge of evolving renewable energy policies
- Flexible availability to support scheduled teleconferences with team members in different time zones
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The email subject line of the application should follow this format: CEIA Vietnam Application_FirstName_LastName.
The deadline for applications has been extended to October 25. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
21/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank