HEALTHBRIDGE CANADA IN VIETNAM
Job title : Advocacy Advisor (full time) Position description: Working in Tobacco Control and Non-Communicable Diseases Prevention Program (TC&NCDs Prevention Program) focussing on policy advocacy. Reports to : TC&NCD Program Manager of HealthBridge Period : Starting as soon as possible, one year contract with possible extension
Main place of work: Hanoi
HealthBridge is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works to improve health and health equity among vulnerable populations through research, policy and action. HealthBridge has been operating in Vietnam since 1993 in the areas Health, Nutrition and Food Security; Livable Cities, Gender Equality and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; Tobacco Control; Alcohol Control; and Non-Communication Diseases Prevention.
HealthBridge in Vietnam is currently looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to fill the position of Advocacy Advisor for the project on supporting policy development for a sugar-sweetened beverages (SSB) tax and nutrition labels in Vietnam.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review existing legal framework to provide the legal advisory about the current gaps and opportunities for SSBs and nutrition labeling policy development.
- Closely work with the donors, international organizations and other Government agencies for joint planning, implementing the advocacy efforts
- Closely work with Program Manager in processing advocacy efforts to advocate the relevant authorities about the SSBs tax and labelling nutrition.
- Regular review policies and legal documents to develop political mapping, seek for advocacy opportunities and identify potential local partners to address the issues in line with the program strategies and workplans.
- Upon request, participate in strategic planning meetings, capacity building workshops and teleconferences with stakeholders, the donor, grantees and partners;
- Provide regular intelligence, political insights to inform strategies and development of relevant policy, plan of action related to SSBs and nutrition labelling program.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the Program Manager and/or Country Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Policy Administration or Public Health; or Law.
- At least 10 years of working experience in supporting for policy development and/or conducting policy advocacy;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Vietnamese language skills;
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to perform multitasking under time pressure;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience working in health programs, especially Non-Communicable Diseases prevention;
- Good understanding of government system in Vietnam.
- High attention to detail, careful, hard-working, data-driven mindset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailing applicable experience and skills, and a CV referencing “Advocacy Advisor” in the subject title to email@example.com
Closing Date: March 19, 2021
No phone calls
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)