HEALTHBRIDGE CANADA IN VIETNAM
Job title : Advocacy Advisor (full time) Position description: Working in Tobacco Control and Non-Communicable Diseases Prevention Program (TC&NCDs Prevention Program) focussing on policy advocacy. Reports to : TC&NCD Program Manager of HealthBridge Period : Starting as soon as possible, one year contract with possible extension
Main place of work: Hanoi
HealthBridge is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works to improve health and health equity among vulnerable populations through research, policy and action. HealthBridge has been operating in Vietnam since 1993 in the areas Health, Nutrition and Food Security; Livable Cities, Gender Equality and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; Tobacco Control; Alcohol Control; and Non-Communication Diseases Prevention.
HealthBridge in Vietnam is currently looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to fill the position of Advocacy Advisor for the project on supporting policy development for a sugar-sweetened beverages (SSB) tax and nutrition labels in Vietnam.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review existing legal framework to provide the legal advisory about the current gaps and opportunities for SSBs and nutrition labeling policy development.
- Closely work with the donors, international organizations and other Government agencies for joint planning, implementing the advocacy efforts
- Closely work with Program Manager in processing advocacy efforts to advocate the relevant authorities about the SSBs tax and labelling nutrition.
- Regular review policies and legal documents to develop political mapping, seek for advocacy opportunities and identify potential local partners to address the issues in line with the program strategies and workplans.
- Upon request, participate in strategic planning meetings, capacity building workshops and teleconferences with stakeholders, the donor, grantees and partners;
- Provide regular intelligence, political insights to inform strategies and development of relevant policy, plan of action related to SSBs and nutrition labelling program.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the Program Manager and/or Country Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Policy Administration or Public Health; or Law.
- At least 10 years of working experience in supporting for policy development and/or conducting policy advocacy;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Vietnamese language skills;
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to perform multitasking under time pressure;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience working in health programs, especially Non-Communicable Diseases prevention;
- Good understanding of government system in Vietnam.
- High attention to detail, careful, hard-working, data-driven mindset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailing applicable experience and skills, and a CV referencing “Advocacy Advisor” in the subject title to email@example.com
Closing Date: March 19, 2021
No phone calls
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam