*CARE is finding a Advocacy Advisor/Specialist in Ha Noi, Viet Nam
About the role
The Advocacy Advisor/Specialist is responsible for leading and contributing to the implementation of CARE International in Viet Nam’s (CVN) advocacy and campaigning agenda to advance CVN’s long-term programme goals in rural and urban areas. This includes providing strategic direction and technical inputs on the development of advocacy and campaigning initiatives, directly leading the implementation of those, and assuring quality and measurement of advocacy work.
- Take lead to develop and execute advocacy and campaigning plans with specific goals, objectives, and indicators with a focus on partnering with diverse actors including government agencies, development partners and NGOs to influence national and provincial policy and social changes
- Take lead to conduct policy analyses and update them periodically for effective programme development, planning, management and advocacy
- Identify and build relationships with key policy actors – decision makers who have the power to bring about policy change and achieve CVN’s programe goals and priorities
- Network and represent CVN to external working groups and forums/plaforms
- Work with programme and communication teams to develop compelling and effective advocacy and campaigning messages and appropriate methods for delivery
- Convene and broker relationships and partnerships to leverage and advance CVN’s advocacy and campaigning objectives
- Ensure effective knowledge management through drafting/contributing to key technical documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and information exchange
- Directly provide technical support to programme teams to ensure advocacy and/or campaigning objective is adequately reflected in programme/project design, plans and indicators
- Be responsible for implementation of selected core programme/projects’ deliverables, and perform additional duties as required by the organisation
Ideally you will have:
- At least five year policy advocacy and/or campaigning-related experience within Viet Nam’s context; sound understanding of critical development issues; and proven experience in working with diverse stakeholders including government agencies, development partners, NGOs, private sector and media;
- Proven experience in design, development and execution of advocacy and/or campaigning initiatives at provincial, sectoral and national levels;
- Proven experience in covenning and brokering relationships and partnerships for achieving advocacy and/or campaigning objectives;
- Excellent skills in writing, editing policy papers and briefs , communications and presentation in both Vietnamese and English languages, and ability to be a spokesperson for CVN;
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to CARE’s approach and values including inclusive governance, gender equality and women’s empowerment, ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
Why you should apply:
- An exciting opportunity to be an important part of a dynamic and well-known international NGO – CARE International in Viet Nam
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Empowering, dynamic and innovative working environment
- Supportive teams
- A comprehensive benefit package
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm 29 April 2021. Recruitment is open until position is filled.
Base in Hanoi with travel to project locations in Viet Nam to work with partners.
Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE International in Viet Nam is a creative and dynamic organisation which has worked with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices which contribute to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long term programme goal in Viet Nam is that poor and marginalised ethnic minority and urban people of all genders, particularly women, equitably benefit from development. To learn more, visit: www.care.org.vn
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment; and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF