Agriterra is a Dutch agency that aims to professionalize farmers’ organizations and cooperatives worldwide, with advice from experts from the Dutch agricultural sector. Agriterra’ s opinion is that strong farmers’ organizations and cooperatives lead to more participation, economic growth and a better distribution of income. Agriterra focus on economic development and work closely together with the Dutch agribusiness.
Agriterra cooperate with farmers’ organizations and cooperatives, professionalizing their functioning and service provision to their members, where the members want to increase their productivity and income, their position in the markets, access to finance and to add value to their products.
Agriterra registered in Vietnam in December 2017 and currently active in Hanoi, Hai Duong, Nam Dinh, Thai nguyen, Daklak, Quang Nam, Da Nang, Thua Thien Hue and Tra Vinh, Binh Thuan. We have ambition to expand in these provinces. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic national candidate to fill in position: Agri-Business Advisor (employment contract), based in Hanoi with frequent travel to the sites.
- To facilitate and accompany peer-to-peer advisory assignments conducted by international experts stemming from the Dutch agribusiness and Vietnamese local consultants in support to farmers’ organizations and cooperatives in Vietnam and abroad
- To monitor developments and progress of Agriterra clients based among others on jointly established yearly targets and key performance indicators written down in yearly action plans
- To give follow-up and advise to clients at least two of the following topics:
- Climate Change
- Financial management
- Agricultural/ Extension services
- Marketing and input provision
- Business development practices
- Lobby and advocacy
- To conduct scoping and cooperative/organization assessments of potential clients
- To keep updated Agriterra information systems on clients and contribute to knowledge management of Agriterra:
- each client: action plans, missions, field visits, communication
- potential loan providers
- Result-driven agribusiness advice featuring tailor-made financial, business and governance support that fulfils Agriterra specific aims while at the same time meeting the demand of the clients.
- Advice on improvement of the clients’ (agribusiness) internal organization, position on the market and growth ambition.
- Increase number of farmer organisations in Agriterra’s portfolio having a potential healthy agri-business, having access to loan capital and/or financial services and/or having a sustainable and effective service provision system to members.
- Client satisfaction, as well as satisfied parties in the business sector, investors, financial institutions, development organisations, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Formal education in, Agricultural Economics, Environment Science, Finance and Banking, MBA or related studies
- Computer literate (MS Office, preferably Accounting software)
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Experience in advising and training people, achieving lasting results
- Experience with farmer-led enterprises, farmer cooperatives and federations of farmers cooperatives is an advantage
- Expertise in financial, governance and business management
- Flexible (no 9-5 mentality), able and willing to frequent travel (minimum 30%)
- Diplomatic skills to develop partnership with governmental and business entities
- Demonstrable experience in client-friendly and result-oriented service provision
- Committed to smallholder farmers’ economic development
- Appreciative communication skills and attitude
- Respectful and patient attitude, pro-active, convincing and target-driven
- Self-geared (able and willing to work independently)
- Generalist: eager to learn other topics and expand skills
The selected candidate will be offered initially for one-year employment contract with two months’ probation time and possibility of extension subject to availability of funds. The position gives the selected candidate many opportunities for promotion within the organisation if growth of the program will develop as expected.
The closing date for application: 31 December 2020
How to Apply: Interested candidates can send your application to email@example.com
Please be advised that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi