Agriterra (https://www.agriterra.org) is a Dutch agency that aims to professionalize farmers' organizations and cooperatives worldwide, with advice from experts from the Dutch agricultural sector. Agriterra’ s opinion is that strong farmers' organizations and cooperatives lead to more participation, economic growth and a better distribution of income. Agriterra focus on economic development and work closely together with the Dutch agribusiness.
Agriterra cooperate with farmers’ organizations and cooperatives, professionalizing their functioning and service provision to their members, where the members want to increase their productivity and income, their position in the markets, access to finance and to add value to their products.
Agriterra registered in Vietnam as INGO in December 2017 and currently active in Hanoi, Hai Duong, Nam Dinh, Thai nguyen, Daklak, Gia Lai, Quang Nam, Da Nang, Thua Thien Hue and Tra Vinh, Binh Thuan. At the moment we have plan to expand in Mekong Delta.
We are looking for 02 experienced and dynamic national candidates to fill in position: Agri-Business Advisor (employment contract), based in Hanoi with frequent travel to the sites.
- To facilitate and accompany peer-to-peer advisory assignments conducted by international experts stemming from the Dutch agribusiness and Vietnamese local consultants in support to farmers’ organizations and cooperatives in Vietnam and abroad
- To monitor developments and progress of Agriterra clients based among others on jointly established yearly targets and key performance indicators written down in yearly action plans
- To give follow-up and advise to clients at least two of the following topics:
- Climate Change
- Sustainable agricultural production
- Value Chain assessment
- Agribusiness development
- Lobby and advocacy
- To conduct scoping and cooperative/organization assessments of potential clients
- To keep updated Agriterra information systems on clients and contribute to knowledge management of Agriterra:
- each client: action plans, missions, field visits, communication
- potential loan providers
- Result-driven agribusiness advice featuring tailor-made financial, business and governance support that fulfils Agriterra specific aims while at the same time meeting the demand of the clients.
- Advice on improvement of the clients’ (agribusiness) internal organization, position on the market and growth ambition.
- Increase number of farmer organisations in Agriterra’s portfolio having a potential healthy agri-business, having access to loan capital and/or financial services and/or having a sustainable and effective service provision system to members.
- Client satisfaction, as well as satisfied parties in the business sector, investors, financial institutions, development organisations, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Vietnamese nationality
- Formal education in Agricultural Economics, Environment Science, MBA or related studies.
- Experience with farmer-led enterprises, farmer cooperatives and federations of farmers cooperatives is an advantage
- Computer literate (MS Office,)
- Fluent in Vietnamese an English is crucial
- Experience in advising and training people, achieving lasting results
- Flexible (no 9-5 mentality), able and willing to frequent travel (minimum 30%)
- Diplomatic skills to develop partnership with governmental and business entities
- Demonstrable experience in client-friendly and result-oriented service provision
- Committed to smallholder farmers’ economic development
- Appreciative communication skills and attitude
- Respectful and patient attitude, pro-active, convincing and target-driven
- Self-geared (able and willing to work independently)
- Generalist: eager to learn other topics and expand skills
The selected candidate will be offered initially for one-year employment contract with two months’ probation time and possibility of extension subject to availability of funds. The position gives the selected candidate many opportunities for promotion within the organisation if growth of the program will develop as expected.
The closing date for application: 15 July 2021
How to Apply: Interested candidates can send your application to email@example.com
Please be advised that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam