- Announcement Number:HOCHIMINH-2023-31
- Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
- Position Title: Agricultural Specialist - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period:11/17/2023 - 12/15/2023 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1515 11
- Salary: USD $34,313 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - The work schedule for this position is: 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
- Promotion Potential:LE-11
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
- Application Deadline: 15/12/2023
The Agricultural Specialist (mid-level specialist) is responsible for representing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) in Vietnam. The incumbent monitors, analyzes, and prepares highly specialized reports on agricultural, marketing and trade policy developments for assigned agricultural commodities. Responsibilities also include working with U.S. and host country government agencies and industries to resolve trade complaints, issues of non-compliance with host country import regulations, and administering market development programs. The incumbent develops and maintains key professional and social relationships (mid-to-high levels) to exchange information and gain cooperation on substantive trade and agricultural policy matters.
Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements:
Minimum five years of work experience in one or more fields of agricultural economics, agricultural policy, commodity trade, and marketing analysis/research that includes extensive analysis and report writing on complex subjects.
Thorough knowledge of agricultural practices, market conditions, and government policies in the host country. Knowledge of host government structure and responsibilities of various Ministries and offices, congressional and legislative processes as it relates to economic, trade, and agricultural policy matters is required. Significant knowledge of international agreements relating to agricultural policy, and a strong understanding of agricultural economic supply/demand theories and concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Food and Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture, Agribusiness, International Trade is required. [please upload degree and/or transcript as verification of educational requirement]
- Evaluations: This may be tested.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
- Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND BILITIES:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
- Must be knowledgeable in analyzing agricultural production, global agricultural trade concepts, and economic supply/demand concepts.
- Required to analyze and apply complex statistical data and maintain data sets for accurate commodity and trade reporting. Drafts highly specialized reports on markets and trade policy.
- Must have excellent time management skills to cope with the diversity of work and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with government, public, and private individuals to obtain information and resolve trade issues.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to apply
Position Description (PDF-330KB)
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust / Background Investigation clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button in this page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- University Degree (not transcript)
- Certificate or License
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above
Eligible Family Member Applicants
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer