Incumbent of the position will develop marketing strategies and programs that enhance the demand for and export of U.S. food and agricultural products in Vietnam. S/he will support U.S. industry, USDA Cooperators (recipients of USDA foreign market development funds), and State Departments of Agriculture conducting trade missions and implementing their marketing activities to promote U.S. food and agricultural products in Vietnam. The incumbent will develop and maintain key industry, government, and stakeholder contacts vital to market information gathering, regulatory analysis, and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) program oversight for the Office of Agricultural Affairs. S/he will monitor market developments that could impact U.S. exports and inform the Agricultural Counselor and Agricultural Attaches of (and reports on) significant developments.
The incumbent also will provide expertise on U.S. and local food industries (including retail, food processing, hotel, and restaurant sectors), to enable sales of U.S. consumer-oriented food products. As assigned, s/he will draft and compile trade information for numerous scheduled and voluntary reports covering exporter assistance and commodities of concern to USDA stakeholders.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years of progressively responsible experience in a profession related to agriculture, agricultural trade, economic analysis, or marketing is required.
- Thorough understanding of basic economic principles and thorough knowledge of Vietnamese and international business practices, trade organizations, distribution channels for an entire range of food and agricultural products.
- Understanding of U.S. and Vietnamese production and trade policies that would affect agricultural product trade, and a network of key contacts in Vietnamese industry and government.
- Understanding of general issues relating to production and trade policies that would affect food and agricultural product trade.
A Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: economics, commerce, marketing, agriculture, international trade/relations, or law is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
- Able to obtain, evaluate, report, and brief on political, scientific, and technical issues affecting imports of U.S. agricultural products. Able to obtain and evaluate market data from a wide variety of sources and with a growing range of stakeholders and audiences in mind.
- Able to prepare complete and analytically sound English drafts for all scheduled reports, as well as voluntary reports on other issues.
- Able to recognize and evaluate new developments, which could affect supply and demand for assigned commodities and prepare voluntary/alert reports.
- Personal characteristics that inspire confidence and cooperation on the part of persons with whom he/she must develop and maintain official contact.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software that allow independent completion of finished products of professional quality.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Visit : https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=m0l0nednpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=13615&orgId=114
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất