WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 36 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports AP manager in ensuring the focus on children’s well-being and the transformation of registered children, their families and communities and sponsors through collaborating with Development Facilitators and local sponsorship volunteers network, partners in planning and implementing sponsorship activities in the designated AP working area.
The position assists AP manager to ensure Sponsorship operations are well integrated within the AP assuring the accurate and timely processing of correspondences and monitoring of well-being for all Registered Children. The temporary sponsorship facilitator participates in sponsorship education processes and contributes as needed, providing technical input on sponsorship messaging and related aspects of community engagement and capacity building efforts of partners and community groups.
The Temporary Sponsorship facilitator will also provide coordination and support to ensure Child Monitoring Standards are met, sponsor communications activities are designed in such way to contribute to child participation and voice.
1. SPONSORSHIP SERVICE OPERATIONS
– Ensures sponsor communication activities (Sponsor’s Letter, Christmas Card, Child’s Annual Progress Report, Gift Notifications…) are designed in engaging and meaningful way so as to contribute to life skills and development assets of children.
– Manages queries including record management, assignment, quality assurance and follow-up are timely responded.
– Ensures child data and other sponsorship documents (both electronic and hard copies) and relevant back-up copies are maintained systematically in a secure place.
2. SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMMING AND CHILD MONITORING
– Facilitate to make sure RC and their families are intentionally included in the AP’s programming interventions as part of transformational development.
– Ensures budgeted number of RC which is agreed with the support office is maintained through timely processing of new growth, replacement and reactivation.
– Reinforces RC selection criteria which embrace MVC targeting by recruit new growth/replacement in consideration from AP’s MVC list.
– Ensures RC record (includes information and digital images/clips) are updated and maintained with completeness, accuracy, timeliness and validity.
– Provides sufficient coordination and support to enable DFs facilitate Child Monitoring integrated within project activity plan as a part of community led child protection and care.
– Coordinate with AP coordinator to complete the CESP plan of action and report for the AP.
3. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND SPONSORSHIP EDUCATION
– In cooperation with other the DFs, the sponsorship network and National Communicator(s), documenting stories about RC and their families and significant changes in their life, achievements, best practices and learning experiences are compiled for WV publications and shared within the Partnership.
– In collaboration with the Sponsorship Cluster Officer in NO, partnership new initiatives are contextualized and implemented appropriately.
– Participates in sponsorship education processes and contributes as needed.
– Provides technical input on sponsorship aspects of community engagement.
– Participates in community engagement and capacity building efforts of partners and community groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
– Strong understand of community-led development work
– Demonstrated training and facilitation skills, including catalysing, connecting and building the capacity of community groups
– Good time management and organizational skills;
– Good interpersonal and communications skills;
– Fair English, especially email/letters writing skills;
– Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email;
– Experience in community development or with NGO.
– Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department– Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International – Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: +84 24 39439920 – Extension: 123
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS