Application Architect, Switzerland
Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
City: Geneva, Switzerland
Office: ICRC HQ Geneva
Application deadline: Friday, the 16th of April 2021
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
Purpose of the postion
The Application Architect is a crucial part of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team, whose role is to:
- Help business leaders enable their future-state business capabilities;
- Provide decision-making support for ICRC programs, projects and initiatives to ensure the applications delivered are aligned with the ICRC's targeted business outcomes, and;
- Support institutional strategy – business – resource alignment.
The role is as much business as it is technical, and as such will focus on alignment between the IT and business layers, will collaborate with key partners across the organization, and help identify opportunities to advance the EA program and standard methodologies. Does this sound like it could suit you? Read on below!
Main duties and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role are to support the EA program manager, help ensure EA artefacts are maintained up to date in the Enterprise Architecture tool, in particular the application layer, and promote the value of the EA program to both business and IT partners, ensuring the understanding of EA as a business service that supports strategic decision-making, traceability and transparency.
The role requires working with a wide variety of teams and people. The role holder must have the capability to work with senior-level ICT leaders, have strong ties to other architects responsible for traditional ICT departments (such as network, security and application development) and with functional teams such as DPO, HR, legal and sourcing.
The Application Architect will work closely with Business Relationship Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Technical Architects and Platform Owners, and reports directly to the Enterprise Architecture program manager.
Education and Experience required
- Master's or Bachelors’ degree in computer science, computer engineering, computing, or related field of study;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with enterprise architecture tools and methodologies;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in large-scale IT projects, working with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, eliciting partner requirements and stakeholder management;
- Demonstrated ability in following up with colleagues post-project to ensure applications and solutions delivered to meet expectations;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working at the ICRC, preferably with experience in different units, as understanding of the ICRC culture and diverse ecosystem is essential.
Required and desired profile and skills
- Enterprise architecture — The Application Architect must have at least 2 years’ experience using the Erwin Casewise solution;
- IT architecture — The Application Architect must have a technical background, and be able to assess IT projects and the IT solutions proposed regarding their fit within the application landscape and the EA.
Required and desired profile and skills
- Analytical skills — The Application Architect must demonstrate strong analytical skills based on previous work experience, must be able to have both big picture and detailed perspectives, and be able to find opportunities for improvement;
- Communication and Collaboration — The Application Architect must be a good communicator and collaborator. Given the scope of enterprise architecture, the person must be able to create strong collaborations and trust relationships in order achieve EA program goals;
- Leadership — The Application Architect must be a catalyst for change and be a leader with a vision both internally and externally. The person must resist the urge to execute “business as usual” and push the organization to use EA effectively and to evolve our application landscape in alignment with the institutional architecture principles, strategy, and roadmap;
- Finance/Legal — The Application Architect doesn’t need to be a finance or legal specialist but must understand the basics of ICT budgeting and ICT contracts and clauses such as indemnification, notification and limitation of liability;
- Language — Strong English (written and spoken) is a must, French is a plus.
- Location: Geneva
- Type of contract: Open-ended contract
- Grade: C1
- Activity rate: 100%
- Estimated start date: ASAP
- Application deadline: Friday, the 16th of April 2021
- How to apply: HERE
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)