IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
The mission of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative is to catalyze systemic change through collaborative action and to achieve market transformation for impact at scale. IDH convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian) and we work together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors (apparel, cotton, tea, coffee, spices, aquaculture…) and 11 landscapes in over 50 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 140 staff members and permanent consultants at the Headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
Starting operating in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, aquaculture and apparel/footwear sectors. Since 2014, IDH also launched an initiative sustainable landscape program aimed at using the public- private approach to addressing the key sustainability issues in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, which plays a key role in the production of several agricultural commodities. IDH would like to expand the landscape program to Mekong Delta, one of the largest and most fertile deltas in terms of aquaculture, rice, fruits and vegetable production in Asia, and indeed in the world.
To strengthen its team in Vietnam, IDH is recruiting a
Aquaculture Manager - Vietnam this position is based in Ho Chi Minh or Can Tho city
IDH is currently looking for candidates for the position of Aquaculture Manager to support the development and implementation of IDH program in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam.
The position, based in Ho Chi Minh City or Can Tho, will report to IDH Vietnam Country Director and technically report to IDH Aquaculture Program Director based in the Netherlands.
1. Program coordination and development
- Responsible for overall development and implementation of IDH programs in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam especially the existing aquaculture program.
- Identify engagement opportunities with private partners in other sectors in the Mekong Delta such as rice, fruits and vegetables.
- Work with key companies to develop business cases/models for and driving sustainable business practices at scale.
- Support development and (conditional to successful fundraising) implementation of the IDH landscape program in Mekong Delta up to 2030.
- Responsible for delivering the targeted results and impact of the programs at field level with support and guidance from IDH headquarters.
- Support the strategic planning process, implementation and monitoring of the aquaculture program and other programs that may be initiated in the Mekong Delta.
2. Stakeholder management and networking
- Maintain contacts with partners and stakeholders with existing program on aquaculture and develop new partnerships, especially within Vietnam.
- Responsible for working on the maintenance and expansion of the IDH network and donor base, supporting colleagues doing similar work and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH in the Mekong Delta.
- Manage and support the engagement from private sector and donors to IDH Mekong Delta program.
3. Fund raising
- Conduct a donor mapping analysis to identify the potential donors to support the scaling of sustainable practices in aquaculture and other agriculture sectors in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam.
- Support IDH Vietnam to develop funding proposals for IDH Mekong Delta program in Vietnam, with particular focus on supporting, and building on, our activities in aquaculture.
4. Supply chain analysis
- Work as IDH Vietnam aquaculture supply chain analysis lead.
- Support companies in designing program to provide better services such as training, access to inputs and finance to farmers to improve their performance, and ultimately their profitability and livelihoods.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the agriculture and aquaculture development context in the Mekong Delta.
- Strong track record and background in environmental and/or social sustainability of agriculture/aquaculture production and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements.
- Strong experience in working with private sector, especially related to aquaculture and preferentially also one of the following commodities: rice, fruits and vegetable.
- Strong project management skills and a minimum of 10 years in management positions
- Able to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions
- Able to oversee field level implementation issues and resolve conflict
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Familiarity with the aquaculture/agriculture supply chain
- Some experience in raising funds
- Works to achieve agreed objectives and is accountable for meeting or exceeding them
- Demonstrated ability in team working.
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Vietnam@idhtrade.org before December 29th, 2019 mentioning “Application for Aquaculture Manager” in the subject line.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, 3511 MH Utrecht P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands www.idhsustainabletrade.com
IDH Vietnam Office Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, HanoiCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF