WORLD VISION VIETNAM is looking for Vietnamese competent candidates to fill the following vacancy
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUNDWorld Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals. WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, Dak Nong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is to provide support to Development Facilitators (DFs), Sponsorship Facilitator and AP Manager in compiling the AP reports, accompanying visitors, maintaining a routine DME system of the AP. This position is also responsible for implementing TP activities at the district level, based on an approved plan and budget. He/she works with technical departments to coordinate training courses or events which are held at the district level and help with other administrative tasks of the AP. AP coordinator should have appropriate understanding and knowledge on the interventions of each TP and play the role as focal person for to work with each Technical Program Officer (TPO).
Build and maintain good collaboration with DFs and other staff to ensure that the goal of the program is met in an efficient, effective and impactful level.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
- Build and maintain effective partnership with relevant sectoral district offices. Provide good assistance to AP Manager in mapping and building effective partnership and networks with various development partners at all levels of the city while ensuring that these partnerships are diversified and cover all key stakeholders (CBOs, NGOS, corporate, academia, government)
- Implement TP activities at district level in collaboration with relevant district stakeholders.
- In cooperation with Technical teams, including Technical Program Officers (TPOs), Program Effectiveness Officer (PEO) and Zonal Sponsorship Officer (ZSO) to provide sufficient technical guidance, inputs, trainings, coaching to AP staff. Support AP staff having capability to manage and implement core projects model/interventions effectively, to ensure quality and standards of AP interventions at the community and district level.
- Assist AP Manager in raising awareness of WVV’s Christian, child-focused and community-based philosophy and approach to development among local district partners.
- Assist AP Manager in exploring and searching opportunities in the area to better understand urban issues and vulnerabilities and utilize this data in advocacy, external engagement and policy work.
- Support AP manager in developing an external engagement plan for the area that includes communication and visibility plans in close coordination with the Communications Department
- Support the team to ensure that the program is aligned to the Urban Ministry Model, in all its three components, operational, programmatic and resources and incorporate this in design of projects, reporting mechanisms, funding opportunities and technical adaptations.
- Take Disaster Risk Reduction – Response to Climate Change (DRR-RCC) into account when coordinating, implementing, M&E of AP/Project’s activities to ensure that climate change and disaster risks can be addressed and reduced.
- Coordinate with related staff/ partners and join emergency response in the targeted Area Program when needed.
- Act as an ambassador of World Vision’s brand by strictly following World Vision’s brand and communications guidelines when working with external partners and developing communications products (print, audio, or video).
2. Program design, monitoring & evaluation (DME) and Capacity Building
- Support AP manager in the process to fully understand the local context from a political, physical, socio-human, environmental, economic and institutional to better understand the contextual factors, vulnerabilities, opportunities and issues affecting the wellbeing of children.
- Support the AP manager in making logistic arrangements for baseline surveys
- Support the AP manager to complete the AP Narrative and log-frame based on evidenced based data (secondary, primary) that is accurate and representative of the community
- Assist AP team in designing and establishing program and project M&E plan and Monitoring System (monitoring tools) in alignment with Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning (LEAP) and while keeping the rural lens and the contextual factors and backing this up with data (internal or external)
- Assist AP manager to organize trainings/workshops for staff and Program stakeholders to introduce the DIME system and management information system that are fit for local contexts
- Assist the AP manager to explore research opportunities in the area to better understand issues and vulnerabilities and utilize this data in advocacy, external engagement and policy work.
- Assist the AP manager to explore diverse funding opportunities from within the province.
- Assist DFs, VDBs, and local partners to collect and analyze monitoring data using the log-frame and WVV’s standardized monitoring tools
- Assist the AP manager in preparing and ensuring AP monthly, semi-annual, and annual reports are used by the AP team for decision making and for meeting the partnership reporting standards (LEAP)
- Assist AP manager in managing/updating Monitoring Information System for all projects of the AP.
- Assist the AP manager and DFs to establish a feedback loop with the community for the application of monitoring results for decision-making.
- Document monitoring information and share with other staff/other APs when appropriate.
- Visit community and project site frequently for monitoring purpose.
- Coordinate learning and reflection at AP with a focus on rural contexts and strengthening work in this context.
HEA - DRR
- Take Disaster Risk Reduction – Response to Climate Change (DRR-RCC) into account when coordinating, implementing, M&E of AP/Project’s activities to ensure that climate change and disaster risks can be addressed and reduced. He/she is also expected to coordinate with related staff/ partners, join emergency response in the targeted Area Program when needed.
- Coordinate visits from Donors, sponsors, WV staff from other APs /National Office and interested parties
- Accompany visitors to the project sites, acting as a guide and translator as necessary
- Negotiate and purchase items (where necessary), organize timely delivery and appropriate distribution of the purchased items
- Maintain a filing system of all documents pertaining to the AP, including the filling of program document such as: project design, report, minutes agreed between AP and partners, survey, evaluation and MIS data.
- Prepare and coordinate PMB meeting events.
- Work and in collaboration with AP Admin Assistant (if any) to provide support to the team in preparing logistic, purchase request, data entry, story and document filings and other relevant works when needed.
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
- Other tasks assigned by the manager to the team performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 - 5 years of work experience in community development.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach
- Experience in program monitoring, evaluation, data collection and analysis.
2. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree, preferably in education, public health, community development, social work.
- Motorbike driving licence
3. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including health and nutrition, child protection and participation, livelihoods and cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality and social inclusion, disability, climate resilience etc.), and integration of advocacy and disaster management in development programming.
- Skill to work with children and ethnic minorities.
- Knowledge in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation, mobilisation and influence of partners (especially at district level) and networking among different development partners.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, internet and virtual applications.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- Willingness to support articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to colleagues, partners, children and communities.
Our contact details are:
- People and Culture Department
- World Vision International - Vietnam
- Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Tel: 024. 39439920
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
29/11/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
30/11/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact