World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Area Programme Coordinator
Report to: Response Operations Manager
Location: Terego District
Purpose of the position:
Provide technical support and coordination of sponsorship management/ operations in a Programme/ADP/ Cluster in a manner that meets child sponsorship standards and contributes to the wellbeing of children.
Programming/operations & Technical Support
- Provide technical support and leadership in the implementation of partnership initiatives such as STEP, Quickstep, and DI to the programme/ ADP and cluster team.
- Guide the programme/ cluster in implementing sponsorship operations and use of emerging information to influence short and long-term programmatic interventions on wellbeing of children.
- Support sponsorship quality improvements by regularly consolidating and reporting programme/cluster (ADPs) sponsorship performance at the cluster level, informing team and management on performance.
- Guide and monitor child monitoring and discuss with the programme/ cluster team child monitoring data necessary for informing short and long term interventions children’s wellbeing.
- Provide technical support in the development, implementation and monitoring of Sponsorship operations and management in the programme/ cluster.
- Facilitate capacity building among all programme/ cluster and sponsorship staff with a special emphasis on developing and implementing effective sponsorship management, monitoring and reporting system.
- Support development of sponsorship monitoring and reporting mechanisms at programme/ cluster level.
- Contribute to organisational learning by supporting the documentation of critical lessons learned.
Management of Service Operations Indicators
- Monitor and lead the programme/ cluster team to meet all the sponsorship KPI requirements in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Storage of child data/information and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring information in both hard and soft/ SD systems.
- Analyse variance reports, Child Status Reports, Project reports and guide the programme/ cluster team in utilising information for effective and efficient sponsorship operations.
- Follow-up and ensure the to-do list items resolved critical management actions are performed.
- Coordinate periodic mailings like APR and Christmas Cards by ensuring systems are set during these periods and performance standards met.
Budget RC management in line with NO and Partnership Sponsorship Standards
- Guide the programme/ cluster team in drawing and implementing RC monitoring plan.
- Guide in carrying out and documenting RC Census and enter child monitoring data in the systems and share it with the NO.
- Provide child status information from monitoring to the programme/ cluster/ ADP team for planning purposes.
Communication and Sponsor Relations in the Cluster
- Coordinate communication between sponsors and RC in the programme/ clusterCommunicate with Support Office in compliance with various sponsorship standards.
- Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards.
- Ensure sponsor visits are well coordinated and managed according to protocol and expected standards.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any accordance in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protection children from child violations and abuses on child protection.
- Sensitization of children including all RC on child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Report cases of child abuse in the programme area.
- Report cases of child incidents for follow up.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Education: A minimum of a University Degree in Social Science, Agriculture, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field. Post Graduate Qualification in Project Planning and Management is a Must.
- Experience: At least five years’ experience facilitating community development in sectors of Health, Livelihood, Education and Child Protection.
- Experience working with local partners and District Local Governments in all sectors and Community Based Services.
- Technical skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Proven and solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building if systems, staff, partners and others actors related to child rights governance and child protection.
- Skills in Project management and implementation.
- Knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship
- Competences in managing business process in large organizations.
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify training needs among staff
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- You must be able to ride a motor cycle with a clean riders’ license (Class A)
- Must be willing to be based in local settings.
- Networking and advocacy skills
- Must be highly reliable and independent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to Perform other duties as required
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International