Terms of Reference
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an Assistant Graphic Design and Communications Officer (UNOPS IICA-1) position within the Private Partnerships & Philanthropy Section in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark. UNHCR is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
Title: Assistant Graphic Design and Communications Officer
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration: 01/02/2021 – 31/12/2021
Contract Type: International Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS IICA-1)
Closing date: 16 January 2021
The Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector. UNHCR have developed a Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018-2025, which identifies target audiences and priority fundraising markets, and aims at raising $1 billion annually from the private sector by 2025. As part of this strategy, corporates, foundations and private philanthropists have been identified as key areas of PSP growth with a target set to double current income from this group of donors to $300 million annually by 2025.
As an integral part of PSP, the Private Partnerships and Philanthropy Section (PPH) raises funds from corporations, foundations and private philanthropists. PPH does this through the action of its established network of fundraisers located across 5 regions (i.e. Africa, Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Middle East and North Africa (MENA)) and the coordination provided by the HQ units in Copenhagen. PPH HQ directly manages a number of partnerships but is also a support function to the global PSP network of fundraisers, while also playing an integral role in strengthening cooperation with key internal stakeholders to support PSP fundraising opportunities. The Assistant Graphic Design and Communications Officer function sits within the PPH frontoffice team, a multi-functional team reporting to the Chief of Private Partnerships and Philanthropy and providing support to the whole PPH HQ team.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior PPH Officer, the Assistant Graphic Design and Communications Officer is expected to deliver creative graphic design solutions in line with UNHCR’s brand for use in concept notes, proposals, reports, funding packs and any other deliverable required to achieve the goals of PPH. The candidate must have an extensive understanding of creative development in relation to usage across channels and devices (including mobile and social media applications) and targeting different types of audiences, both internal and external. Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will act as an image editor and source purposeful images for fundraising materials and other relevant documents. Under the guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent may be asked to support the Private Partnerships and Philanthropy team with infographics, concept notes, proposals, event materials, presentations and publication design. This function will help ensure high quality visual impact for PPH materials and communication products, including offline assets such as leaflets, posters, proposals and reports.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree (equivalent of BA/BS) in a relevant field, such as Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Design for Social Impact/Social Innovation
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience relevant in graphic design, branding and layout, information design and architecture, visual communication, media design, systemdesign or related
- Proven experience in translating complex ideas into clear visuals
- Proven experience of working on a project from the concept to the final design package
- Fluency in English;
- Strong graphic design skills particularly in layout, presentations, branding, and visualization of systems and complex information and structures;
- Strong knowledge of design platforms like Adobe Creative Cloud, design techniques, software and data visualization;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time for several stakeholders;
- Fluency in best practices for responsive web design;
- Strong skills in the use of photography and understanding of visual narrative and image guidelines. Good understanding of photography ethics and adherence to brand guidelines;
- Careful attention to details, pixel perfection and visual form;
- Understanding of the technical development process;
- A portfolio which shows strong design work for web and mobile;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and openness to learning;
- Ability to work with colleagues of different cultures and in different functional streams;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- UNHCR experience or experience with a humanitarian/development organisation;
- Knowledge of SharePoint;
- Knowledge of an additional UN language or language of a key PSP market is a plus.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in the UN City in Copenhagen,Denmark.
It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
Interested applicants should submit their Personal History Form (PHF) including testimonial/degrees/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Your last name + Assistant Graphic Design and Communication Officer in the subject of the email. Personal History Forms are available at PHF Form / Supplementary Sheet.
Closing date: 16 January 2021
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline: 16/1/2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam