- Location: Hanoi
- Contract: renewed upon fund availability and performance.
- Supervision: Program Management Officers (PMOs)
- Application closing date: 15/11/2023
The Alliance of Bioversity International delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.The Alliance works with local, national and multinational partners across Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and Africa, and with the public and private sectors. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future, dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services.
Key duties & responsibilitiesAct as the focal point for processing requests made by research staff, in compliance with institutional policies and procedures, to contribute to the efficient delivery of projects:
- Support research staff in the hub in raising requests for the acquisition of goods and services and following up with the person responsible for implementation, liaising with accounting staff about payments;
- Support and guide colleagues in the process and required documentation for the hiring of research staff including interns, visiting research fellows, and national and international consultants;
- Assist with payment authorizations, travel arrangements (tickets and payment advances), and travel expenses claims;
- Make logistical arrangements for meetings, seminars and conferences, and other events (including invitations, air tickets, hotels, etc.) and relevant follow-up; Prepare non-technical minutes of meetings as required by research staff;
- Support with the development of research contracts (letters of agreement) and invoicing for small grants, as required;
- Carry out other administrative duties as required.
Required qualifications and experience
- Technology career or equivalent in administration, industrial engineering, logistics, accounting, political sciences, international relations or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in an NGO or international working environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook);
- Advanced command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Sound knowledge of standard office procedures;
- Strong client orientation and service approach;
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and teamwork skills; courtesy, tact, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people from different cultural and national backgrounds;
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, problem-solving, and accuracy.
Terms of employmentThis position is a national recruited position based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The initial contract will be for 1 year, subject to a probation period of 2 months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
This position is graded at BG5 level, with a minimum basic salary of VND 17,490,758, in a scale of BG01 to BG14 (BG14 being the highest level according to the Alliance job classification framework policy). We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including but not limited to monthly allowances, insurance, retirement plan, staff training and development, paid time off and flexible working arrangements.The Alliance Bioversity-CIAT is committed to fair, safe, and inclusive workplaces. We believe that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability statuses, sexual orientations, marital status, and gender identities. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ApplicationsApplicants are invited to visit https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number 103352 as the position applied for. Cover letter and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting (Cover letter should illustrate your motivation to apply and suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities. Detailed curriculum vitae should include the names and email addresses of three professional referees who are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities). The Alliance collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Please note that email applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We invite you to learn more about us at: http://alliancebioversityciat.orgKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer