- The initial contract will be for one (1) year, subject to a probation period of two (2) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
- This position is graded at level BG5 in a scale of 14 levels, with BG14 being the highest.
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Reporting to: Regional Finance Manager and Regional Accounting Officer
- Position: Full-time, available for Vietnamese nationals.
- Application Deadline: 15/10/2023
BackgroundThe Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) deliver research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
- Work closely with accounting unit in Vietnam office for the verification, analysis, documentation and processing assigned accounting tasks.
- Collaborate with Global Treasury Unit and Regional Finance Manager to produce, compile and analyze regional treasury reports for Asia Region.
Country office responsibilities
Assist Vietnam office in timely capturing of assigned treasury financial transactions in ERP, ensure proper supporting documentation in accordance with the legitimate accounting practices and Alliance policies, directives and procedures, entry, forwarding for approval and replenishment;
- Assist in processing payments following the delegation of authority and other internal regulations and project’s regulation, ensuring the proper & adequate approvals for financial transactions;
- Assist in analyzing and following up on outstanding in the AP/AR accounts;
- Assist in validation of Petty cash transactions and forwarding for approval;
- Maintain all the accounting documents and records both in digital and hard copy;
Assist in bank reconciliations of bank accounts process.
Regional office responsibilities
Bank signatories; update, maintain, follow up for all Asia Region office banks;
Coordinate bank correspondences, assist Regional Finance Manager in the monthly bank status reports;
Update, maintain and follow up the Imprest levels for all Asia Offices.
Global Treasury Unit (GTU) Responsibilities
- Report to the GTU any bank amendment, support and guide the regional offices in completing the bank information templates;
- Assist and support the Regional Finance Manager in the request and consolidation of regional office information related to Monthly Cashflow and Petty Cash to the Global Treasury Unit;
- Support the Global Treasury Unit in developing documents for the region such as SLA and Guidelines for internal purposes;
- Provide necessary enquiries for the maintenance of the PowerBI Dashboard;
- Support in Audit documentation;
- Other duties assigned by the Global Treasury Unit and regional team (Regional Finance/Accounting) from time to time.
Required qualifications and experience
- Technology career or equivalent in accounting, banking or finance;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in an NGO or international working environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package;
- Have knowledge in accounting system;
- Advanced command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, problem-solving, and accuracy.
BenefitsThe Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT offers a multicultural and academic research environment, with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive for gender, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic.
How to applyTo be considered for this position, please send an email to HR Unit: T.ToMai@cgiar.org (Ms. To Mai Trang), cc M.Raju@cgiar.org (Ms. Monissa Raju) with the subject line “Application: Assistant II-Treasury – Your full name”. In your email, please include:
A cover letter illustrating your motivation to apply and suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities;
A detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and email addresses of three professional referees who are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities.
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://alliancebioversityciat.org/Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự