OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences (ADG/SC) and direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer (Chief, SC/AO), the Associate Finance and Budget Officer will provide assistance in a range of financial management support services to the Sector in the areas of planning, budgeting, financial transactions and accounting, compliance, financial performance assessment and reporting on all budgetary resources managed by the Sector. In particular, the incumbent will: Long Description
- Contribute to provision of advice to the ADG and managers of the Sector on the aspects relating to planning of programme, budget and financial matters of the Sector for informed decision-making in compliance with UNESCO policy, the rules and regulations and governing bodies’ decisions ensuring reasonable assurance of risk management;
- Draft correspondences and internal procedural guidance related to budgetary and financial matters, and provide day to day operational support to managers and staffs with up-to-date budget and financial information;
- Provide support in preparing reports to be submitted to UNESCO governing bodies, intergovernmental committees and the Senior Management Team ensuring high quality and correctness of information/data.
- Provide analysis and guidance to the Sector managers and programme specialist/staffs on principles, methodologies, rules, procedures, donor agreements, project budget documents, workplans, cost estimates, cost recovery and decentralizations, etc;
- Contribute to assessment on progress of workplan implementation (regular programme and extrabudgetary) and prepare periodic and ad-hoc budget performance reports with a view to supporting Sector’s programme execution;
- Assist in monitoring and revising budget by carrying out periodic reviews including actively participating in the discussions with donors and follow up.
- Assist in ensuring proper budgetary controls, processing validation for allotments and budget transfers and undertake transactions in compliance with regulations, rules and procedures.
- Acting as certifying officer at the level delegated by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), exercise due diligence in approving and processing financial transactions in compliance with UNESCO financial rules and regulations, standards, procedures and practices;
- Provide analytical contributions to the Chief, SC/AO in identifying problem areas and propose corrective actions with a view to improving risk mitigation in administering all financial resources of the Sector, and take follow-up actions to implement audit recommendations;
- Undertake periodic examination of expenditures and unliquidated obligations under both regular programme and extrabudgetary sources, and guide and inform Sector programme staffs on the financial status of the project and programme;
- Assist in ensuring that financial resources are fully and properly accounted for and that the internal control policy is strictly enforced;
- Assist in setting up appropriate controlling/accounting mechanisms, procedures and systems to manage any specific requirements for the Sector in close consultation with BFM and BSP;
- Review, verify and process contracts and other financial commitments, and pay invoices for services and equipment etc, as required.
- Provide guidance/problem-solving services for the financial administration of SC projects implemented by Field Offices and oversee the performance of AO/WWAP in financial/budget management;
- Oversee the daily operation of the finance/budget team, when required, and represent the Sector in house-wide discussions on administrative and finance issues, as needed; Undertake any other additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework .
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in budgeting, finance and accounting, master data management of which preferably one year acquired at the international level.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good organizational and coordination skills and ability to plan and monitor work-plans.
- Ability to work as part of a team taking initiatives in harmony and provide quality and timely support and services.
- Discretion, loyalty and diplomacy.
- Ability to set priorities and capacity to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Client oriented with ability to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office (Windows, Office Suite, Teams, etc.).
- Knowledge of ERP and financial, human resources or administrative management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (oral and written) and good knowledge of the other language.
- Professionally recognized Accountancy Certification.
- Professional experience in international organisations or in the United Nations system.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations.
- Familiarity with UNESCO rules and procedures as well as administrative practices including IPSAS.
- Knowledge of other official UNESCO languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Location: Paris, France
Deadline: 30/12/2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS