Post Number : 4VNADM0701RP
Grade : NO-A
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Hanoi
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-JUL-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only nationals of Vietnam should apply for this position.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The National Associate Administrative Officer is responsible for providing a range of administrative services to the UNESCO National Office, in the areas of general administration, budget, financial, human resources, logistics, premises-related and security matters within the National Office.
He/She reports directly to the Head of Office and works with overall technical guidance from ADM. He/She will receive policy guidance/ instructions from the Bureau of Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Division of Operations, Security and Safety Section and Programme Sector ADGs on their respective areas of responsibilities. On matters of financial internal control, he/she receives a delegated authority from the Chief Financial Officer as certifying officer.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTICS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head of the Office in the decision-making related to administrative matters, by providing regular information, updates, analysis, findings of reviews and guidance related to budget, financial, human resources, logistics, premises-related and security matters, within the National Office.
- Analyse operational requirements and practices of the National Office and make recommendations to assist the Head of Office and the programme specialists in finding responsive and effective solutions with a view to benefit programme implementation.
- Supervise the maintenance of proper inventory, filing and recording systems. Supervise the maintenance, upkeep and operation of the technical facilities and installations, keeping risks to a minimum. Ensure that the assets of the organization are safeguarded at all times.
- Maintain contact with the Office’s host country authorities on logistical matters as per Host Country Agreement. Assist the Head of Office or the designate in the negotiation of lease agreements.
- In line with rules and procedures, assist in procurement planning for contract actions which are well-defined, for which precedent exists and which are limited to “one-country” market; ensure follow-up action to contract award and that the deliverables are in conformity with the specifications and terms of contracts.
- Act as focal point for safety and security of UNESCO personnel and assist the Head of Office in ensuring compliance with prevailing UN Common security policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist the Head of Office or the designate in budget preparation. Participate in monitoring execution of Regular Budget and extra-budgetary resources.
- Certify commitments and payments up to an authorized level.
- Ensure that the National Offioe's financial resources and expenditures are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequately implemented. Brief and provide guidance to staff within the office on the application of routine finance rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that personnel actions (recruitment, extension, conversion of appointments, update of Job Descriptions) are taken in accordance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations. Analyse and evaluate individual cases and make recommendations for action.
- Interpret and apply the organization’s human resources rules, regulations and policies.
- Oversee accurate and timely recording and update of data in the human resources management information systems and facilitate related training to support staff whenever required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible relevant experience in management, finance andadministration or related area.
- Experience in budgeting, contracting and monitoring.
- Experience in identifying solutions and makimg recommendations within the framework of internal guidelines and procedures.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with rules & regulations and administrative processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional UNESCO mandates in the country.
- Ability to coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to provide guidance in the financial and administrative management of extra budgetary projects.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external andinternal partners.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams.
- Ability to take initiative and seek innovative ways to improve results.
- Good IT skills, Knowledge of ERP and financial, human resources or administrative management tools.
- Capacity to analyse operations, identify risks and opportunities, propose mitigation measures and to establish adequate monitoring framework in line with office implementation capacity.
- Ability to collaborate with the Designated Official for Security and with the UNDSS Chief Security Advisor onall security-related issues; including participation in Business Operation Strategy (UN BOS).
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Experience in leading and supervising staff and teams.
- Experience working in UN or international organizations..
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTSUNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc. For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESSPlease note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted. The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview. UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
FooterUNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam