Associate Operations Officer:
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam|
|Closing Date:||4/20/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
Climate Business is one of the strategic priorities of the World Bank Group, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) has set itself very ambitious climate targets of 28% of total investments by 2020 and 35% by 2030. To contribute to these targets, the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) in Asia plans to significantly increase its climate finance operations, working with Financial Institutions (FIs) to scale up their financing of climate friendly projects such as renewable energy, energy efficiency, green buildings, low-carbon transportation, and climate-smart agriculture.
In line with this strategy, FIG Asia seeks an Associate Operations Officer who will work with the Regional Lead Climate Specialist, Investment Officers, and Project Managers throughout the East Asia and Pacific and South Asia regions to support the implementation of a successful FIG Climate Business program on the ground. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team to support investment services (IS) and advisory services (AS) to FIs, thereby helping client FIs to build viable and scalable climate finance operations while leveraging FIG’s client base and partnerships with various market players.
Role & Responsibilities:
The candidate will provide support to the investment (70%) and advisory teams (30%) of FIG Asia and, among others, will support the following activities:
Support to the FIG climate investment program :
• Support the investment teams in the development and implementation of the FIG Asia investment strategy for climate business.
• Support the investment teams in the business development, execution and supervision of climate investment projects in Asia, which includes providing support to the following activities: portfolio and pipeline reviews to identify climate assets, participation in investment appraisals, preparation of CRM, IRM, legal and other relevant documentation, climate reporting support, and other investment-related support activities.
• Support regional staff in the development of new and innovative product ideas and strategies.
Support to the FIG climate advisory program:
• Support the advisory teams in the development and implementation of the FIG Asia advisory strategy for climate business particularly related to work done jointly with the World Bank, Sustainable Banking Network and the EFI Teams.
• Provide support in liaising with global donor funding programs and public and private institutions to leverage additional resources for the benefit of FIG clients in Asia.
• Help build relationships with relevant stakeholders in the climate business arena (such as the Sustainable Banking Network, investors, regulators, and other public and private stakeholders) to advance the climate finance agenda for FIs in Asia and identify climate investment opportunities in the market.
• Support the knowledge management agenda of the FIG Climate Business Unit to share IFC’s regional lessons learnt and incorporate IFC’s global experience and best practices into the FIG climate program in Asia.
• Masters’ Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Economics, or equivalent professional qualification.
• 8-10 years of relevant work experience required, of which at least three years of experience in Banking (Project Finance/Investment Products) and three years in Climate Finance.
• Expertise/familiarity with metrics and tools for tracking climate investments, including GHG accounting tools.
• Awareness/familiarity with IFC Climate Definitions and Guidance Notes, Green Bond Principles, and donor and bilateral programs in FIG Climate including the capacity building and technical advisory initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement projects.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
• Strong sense of service to clients, openness to feedback and to new ideas.
• Ability to work in teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Power point.
Only online applications are accepted: do not email your application to the hiring manager or the HR contact (even if you have applied online), as it will be neither acknowledged nor accepted.
The hiring manager will contact only short-listed candidates for interviews.
Do not call/email to find out the status.
Should you have difficulties submitting your application online, please contact the World Bank HR Help Desk at email@example.com
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round