Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Section of Education for Migration, Displacement and Emergencies (EME) is responsible for coordinating education in emergencies, including education for vulnerable migrants and refugees, as well as the protection of education from attack initiatives for the Organization. This work is now awarded increased importance within the new priority setting for the Education Sector. In alignment with the Global Compact on Refugees and the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration, the Organization will scale up its support to Member States to enhance the quality and inclusiveness of national education systems and to optimize education opportunities. Given the scope of this new focus, the Section requires additional human resources in order to respond to the increase in overall workload in general and ensure the proper functioning in the sub-areas of focus
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), guidance from the Director of the Division for Education 2030, and direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator in the Section of Education for Migration, Displacement and Emergencies, the incumbent will support the coordination of efforts related to striving for improved policies, plans and learning opportunities for inclusion in education of crisis affected populations. Specifically, the incumbent shall: Long Description
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of phase 3 of the ‘Strengthening Data and EMIS for increased Resilience to Crisis’ Initiative, including development of synergies with key partners, drafting of reports, resource mobilization efforts, technical support to UNESCO field offices and organisations of relevant events and meetings.
- Support internal and external communication on the ‘Strengthening Data and EMIS for increased Resilience to Crisis’ initiative.
- Contribute to activities related to the impact of climate displacement on education and learning, including building evidence and knowledge and defining streams of work for UNESCO to address assessed challenges.
- Assist in the coordination of engagement with the process for implementation of the Global Compact on Refugees.
- Assist in the coordination with the Geneva Hub for Education in Emergencies.
- Carry out regular missions, including in diverse and challenging contexts, as required.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in education, international relations, economics, social science or related fields.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in the field of Education in Emergencies and protracted crises.
- Relevant experience in project management.
Skills and competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project implementation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the Organization.
- Proven ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Education in Emergencies and protracted crises and the international agenda for inclusion.
- Familiarity with procurement processes and budgetary management.
- Excellent IT skills, including with Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Relevant experience with UNESCO and/or within the UN system.
- Experience in the field of education and development.
- Good knowledge of French.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/12/2020The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
31/01/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
18/12/2020Save the Children International
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
06/12/2020Viet Nature Conservation Centre
01/12/2020Investing in Women
30/11/2020Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV)