Location: Can Tho
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for 01 Bankable Project Officer, DFCD Food Practice, based in Can Tho, WWF - Viet Nam
The Project ‘Dutch Fund for Climate and Development in Mekong Delta Landscape phase II” aims at providing fund for WWF- Viet Nam to innovate fund raising further from private/business sector with development of ‘bankable projects’ that create impact across the landscapes. These bankable projects will effectively contribute to the implementation of WWF- Viet Nam landscape approach in key landscapes such as Central Anamites and Mekong Delta. Furthermore, they will help engaging private sector as project developers / project owners as one of important actors in implementing projects/programs that have balanced impact on environmental and socio-economic aspects at scale as well as attracting new potential investors and donors from business sector to play role in conservation and development work. This project is funded by Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) through WWF- Viet Nam for the second year (2021-2022) with potential extension upon the outcomes of this contracting period.
The Project manager, DFCD phase II will be responsible for overall project management, including planning, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project’ activities to ensure compliance with the Project Document and WWF’s contractual obligations and ensure close collaboration between the project and programe’s management as well as support on partnership building and proposal development under Food Practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support on planning, management, implementation and monitoring of activities within the DFCD Project in Mekong Delta phase II and other stages of the project. And supporting to the project “ Integrated rice-shrimp bankable project- stage 2”.
- Support for the development and revision of the Project’s work plan, prepare six-monthly/end-year progress reports (TPR) and project’s monitoring.
- Be responsible for building a new partnership with target corporates, businesses and other related stakeholders of assigned bankable projects.
- Master degree in environmental economics, business, finance and/or related economic management fields. - At least 3 years working experience in the field of environment and/or financing management preferably corporate’s support in financing management and analysis.
- Strong financial analyzing and aggregating skills, especially in corporate’s financial model analysis and/or financial balance sheet review.
- Having experience in project proposal development, working with international institutions, governmental departments, Universities, research institutions and private sector.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
How to apply
The detailed terms of references are attached to this email. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: PO Can Tho - Full name
The deadline is Oct 14th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."
Organisation Name: WWF
Location: Can Tho
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-10-14
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN