Open to External Candidates (International position)
Position Title: Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Specialist Duty Station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam Type of Appointment: Consultant contract Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible Closing Date: 5:00 PM, 20 December 2019 Reference Code: VN2019/HN/21 (C)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
This consultancy is a part of the project “Tackling Modern Slavery from Viet Nam: An interagency programme for behaviour change, access to justice and reintegration support” funded by the United Kingdom’s Home Office.
This project will tackle modern slavery from Viet Nam through harnessing the capacities of IOM, World Vision and British Council to implement a coordinated series of interventions that specifically align with existing work in Vietnam, and United Kingdom Official Development Assistance requirements.
On the basis of IOM research, the project will target five key target provinces: Nghe An (Yen Thanh; Dien Chau districts); Hai Phong city (Hai Phong city; Thuy Nguyen district); Quang Binh: (Dong Hoi city; Bo Trach districts); Ha Tinh (Can Loc; Nghi Xuan districts); and Quang Ninh (Ha Long city).
Under the prevention component the project aims to prevent vulnerable populations from becoming victims by reducing vulnerability to modern slavery through changing behaviours and attitudes through digital and live events targeting specific vulnerable groups at risks of trafficking.
2. Overall responsibilites
The Thematic Expert – IEC / Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Specialist will lead the development of a BCC strategy with key messages and content for a mass media campaign in coordination with IOM and Viet Nam’s Women Union to prevent vulnerable Vietnamese from migrating irregularly and ending up at-risk of trafficking and slavery in transit and other destination countries.
3. Specific responsibilities:
- Design a comprehensive, mass media behavior change communication strategy for a campaign to raise awareness on safe migration and prevent trafficking by tailoring key messaging and content to the most vulnerable population in five targeted provinces in Viet Nam.
- Work with IOM and the Viet Nam’s Women’s Union on key modalities for BCC messaging platforms including National and local TV, radio, social media platforms and applications, peer support and local messaging delivered through digital and live events.
- Develop key messages and content for video, online, including printed media, presentations, briefing notes for senior officers, and media releases and social media feed, using evidence-based theories and methodologies and existing survey data, in close collaboration with program team and Government partners.
- Oversee technical aspects of the procurement process in developing tenders and overseeing vendors producing BCC products.
- Work with the project team members to support training to partners on BCC and inclusion in key workshops and capacity building events with Community Advocacy Groups.
- Coordinate BCC work with any production vendors, community mobilizers, and/or consultants hired by the program to assist with BCC production work. This includes building capacity of the program team and partners to implement quality and successful BCC work.
4. Deliverables and payment schedule
A BCC strategy and key messages developed
Content and technical requirements developed for video, digital and print materials for media campaign.
Validation meetings and consultation with project team and Government partners, including target audiences
Training conducted to IOM project and team and local government officers to validate the results
5. Duration and timing
The Consultant will work intermittently for 40 full working days intermittently from December 2019 to March 2019.
- Graduate degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Advertising/Marketing
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in mass media and/or communications.
- Experience developing communications for the Development sector (Government programmes, NGOs, multi/bi lateral agencies etc.).
- Strong research and excellent writing skills in English;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Experience in producing corporate products;
- Experience in migrant rights and vulnerability, trafficking in persons, and voluntary return and reintegration and counter migrant smuggling,
- Understanding of the issue of Vietnamese potentials victims and victims of modern slavery in relation to the UK and from a country of origin perspective;
- Knowledge of IOM and UN terms, language and style;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to text/layout as part of the review and feedback process;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people;
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Focus on impact and results for the client.
8. How to apply
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, District or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy