Fauna & Flora International - Vietnam Programme
is recruiting a
Biodiversity AssistantTo assist the technical team of biodiversity conservation with the following terms and conditions: TERMS AND CONDITIONS Job type: Full-time Job title: Biodiversity Assistant Starting date: As soon as possible Duration: One year with potential to extend subject to business need and funding availability Location: Hanoi based, with regular travel to project sites Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Salary: Gross US$320 – US$400 per month dependant on skills and experience Reporting to: Team Leader - Biodiversity Line Manager of: N/A Key Internal Relationships:
- FFI Vietnam Country Programme Manager
- Project Managers
- Finance Manager
- Technical Advisors
- SMART/CCT Coordinator
- Project Coordinators
- Community Conservation Teams (CCT)
- Gibbon Monitoring Team (GMT)
PURPOSEThe purpose of the Biodiversity Assistant position is to assist and conduct, to the highest possible standards, conservation projects’ field work which focuses on biodiversity survey/research, baseline surveys, biological monitoring, capacity building for CCTs and GMTs, and when required support awareness-raising activities on biodiversity conservation.
THE ROLEThe Biodiversity Assistant will be an early-career conservationist with ability in assisting and implementing conservation projects’ activities. S/He will be responsible for assisting and implementing project activities which concern the direct protection and/or study of wildlife, and primates in particular. It is anticipated that the Biodiversity Assistant will base in Hanoi with regular travel to project sites (minimum 60%).
MAIN DUTIESUnder the supervision of the Team Leader - Biodiversity, and where appropriate the Technical Advisor – Biodiversity, the Biodiversity Assistant will be responsible to assist and implement field activities including the following:
- Work close with and under guidance and supervision of the Team Leader - Biodiversity to prepare monthly work-plan and report;
- Assist Team Leader - Biodiversity prepare for field trips, including contacting local partners, drafting letters, preparing advance request, Mission Terms of Referance (MToR), and Back to the Office Report (BTOR);
- Assist Team Leader - Biodiversity conduct field research/surveys, including: o Participate in camera trapping, which includes setting camera traps, collecting, analysing data and reporting results; o Participate in wildlife surveys; o Support input and manage biodiversity databases for project sites; o Support implementation of biodiversity/species monitoring activity for project sites; o Support building capacity for CCT members and GMT members.
- Support field visits undertaken by visitors, project staff, consultants and project partners;
- Ensure project’s equipment and properties such as computer, motorbike, GPS, SMART phones, camera, binocular (field equipment) in good working condition and proper operation before conducting field surveys;
- Conduct administrative and financial duties related to field activities to make sure that all procedures are followed by FFI’s regulations;
- Ensure that field operations are conducted to a high level of health, safety, integrity, environmental good practice and cultural sensitivity. This includes ensuring that field medical kits are in good order and taken out on every field trip;
- Ensure that FFI policies and guidelines are followed within the implementation of the FFI Vietnam Primate Programme.
- Undertake tasks in support of the FFI Vietnam Programme that may reasonably be requested by Senior Management Staff and with approval of the Biodoversity Team Manager;
- Participate in capacity building activities/programme within and outside the organization if assigned;
- Monthly reports and work plans;
- Mission terms of reference and back to office reports for field visits;
- Delivery of activities in accordance with agreed project work plans; Technical project activity reports to line manager in accordance with reporting cycle.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONFind more details HERE
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV in English to Ms. Le Hong Viet via email email@example.com no later than 18th March, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for interviewing.
FFI’s mission is to conserve threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, based on sound science, and which take into account human needs. FFI’s strategy to achieve this mission is to work with in-country organisations at all levels to support them in identifying and implementing country led sustainable solutions.
For more information please visit www.fauna-flora.org
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)