USAID Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
(Supporting Quang Tri Customs Dept)
Proposed Personnel: Local Short-term Technical Assistance (STTA) Border Management Coordination Training Consultant
Period of Performance: April 2021
Origin/Destination: Quang Tri Province
Travel Dates: 15th – 17th April 2021
Activity No. 3.6.5 Seminar on Border Management Coordination
MEL indicator(s): IR3.1-2.
According to the situational assessment conducted by the Program during FY2020 the technical assistance needs of the six targeted localities (Hanoi, Hai Phong, Quang Tri, Da Nang, HCMC and Dong Nai) relates mainly to areas of SI, RM, CBM and the utilization of the NSW. Specific technical assistance requests focused on the mentioned topics presented by the six local authorities and later endorsed by the PMU have been included in the Y3WP (from October 2020 to September 2021).
In Year 3, the Trade Facilitation Program will support and cooperate with the local customs departments in the 6 selected provinces to implement activities as planned.
In Quang Tri Province particularly, local customs would like to organize a training workshop on Border Management Coordination which is scheduled in mid-April 2021. The training will focus on border management coordination measures to facilitate the trade flow of legal goods and movements of people and vehicles. In details, trainers/ speakers at the training will provide lectures on Current situation of cross-border, land-border management of goods & vehicles in Quang Tri; Current situation of the management of people & vehicles across the land border in Quang Tri; Border management coordination in accordance with the Vietnam-Laos Trade Agreements, GMS Agreement etc.; Customs transit procedures applied in ASEAN under Decree 46/2020/ NDCP of the Government and coordination activities between border agencies; Recommendations of WCO/CBM on coordination among enforcing agencies at the border to facilitate the flow of goods and movement of people and vehicles; and Recommendations for Vietnam.
The training will take place in the area near Lao Bao Border Gate which is the typical example of the currently applied border management coordination measures and also the point which has implemented the “one-stop shop” together with the Laos counterpart’s border gate, which has all 10 border management agencies stationing at both sides of the borderline.
Tentative Training Agenda:
|8.00 - 8.30||Delegate registration|
|8.30 - 8.45||Opening remarks|
|8.45 - 9.15||Current situation of cross-border, land-border management of goods & vehicles in Quang Tri|
|9.15 - 9.45||Current situation of the management of people & vehicles across the land border in Quang Tri|
|9.45 - 10.00||Tea break|
|10.00 - 10.30||Border management coordination in accordance with the Vietnam-Laos Trade Agreements, GMS Agreement etc.|
|10.30 - 11.00||Customs transit procedures applied in ASEAN under Decree 46/2020/ NDCP of the Government and coordination activities between border agencies|
|11.00 - 11.30||Discussion (Q&A)|
|11.30 - 13.30||Lunch time|
|13.30 - 14.30||Recommendations of WCO/CBM on coordination among enforcing agencies at the border to facilitate the flow of goods and movement of people and vehicles|
|14.30 - 15.00||Recommendations for Vietnam|
|15.00 - 15.15||Tea Break|
|15.15 - 16.00||Discussion (Q&A) and Short Test for Participants|
|16.00 - 16.15||Conclusion|
- Updating the border management coordination in accordance with the Vietnam-Laos Trade Agreements, GMS Agreement etc.
- Updating the current situation of cross-border, land-border management of goods & vehicles movement in Quang Tri.
- Increasing awareness and and strengthening action in coordination among relevant agencies involved in border management activities to facilitate cross-border trade of legal goods as well as the movement of people and vehicles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To produce materials in the forms of PowerPoint (a must for the presentation), Words/ Excel and others on the following topics:
- Recommendations of WCO/CBM on coordination among enforcing agencies at the border to facilitate the flow of goods and movement of people and vehicles
- Recommendations for Vietnam
- To present to the audience who are Quang Tri Customs officers at Lao Bao and other neighboring border gates and to be in charge of answering questions raised at the training;
- To prepare a mini test at the end of the Seminar to check the knowledge of participants after the training
Ideally, the Consultant should have:
- Master's degree or higher in trade policy, international trade, Customs law or administration, economics, business administration, or similar field;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in policy making and practical working in customs training, particularly in Border Management Coordination
- Proven solid knowledge and long-time experience of the whole structure and process information collection, analysis and targeting on import and export goods, passengers and vehicles entering and exiting by air and by sea;
- Deep understanding and experience of the WCO/CBM and international regulations and application on customs procedures in general
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills in Vietnamese and English (preferable); and
- Ability to travel within Vietnam.
The National Consultant(s) will be required to report to the Program (COP) and Trade Facilitation Coordinators
|No.||Deliverable to be submitted & approved before payment||Estimated Completion Date|
|1||-Preparing documents in Power point for Presentation and a mini test at the end of the Seminar||10th April 2021|
|2||-Finalizing the Presentations by the other speakers||12th April 2021|
|3||-Presenting at the Seminar||16th April 2021|
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5pm 30 March.
Application should include:
- Cover letter (no longer than 1 page)
- CVs (see attached template);
- Updated USAID 1420 form (see attached template)
- Cost proposal (See attached template)
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy