Location: Ho Chi Minh, East Asia, VN
Company: British Council
- Location: HCMC, Vietnam
- Pay band: Pay band 3/J
- Department: Country IT Delivery
- Contract type: 1-year fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- To administer IT network infrastructure, providing reliable and consistent IT network operation and technical support to IT system of the British Council teaching centres (TC), and take a back-up role for the IT team at the main office.
- To be the key point of contact in regard to facilities/ premises problems occurring at the TC and work closely with the Business Support Services Assistant to resolve such issues timely and effectively.
- To ensure business support services are fully functional and to provide efficient, secure and timely outcome to the need of the British Council teaching centres’ operation in Ho Chi Minh City regarding IT support services and facilities/ premises management.
- To ensure an effective implementation of high standard IT services provided to the teaching centre’s daily operation.
- Working under high pressure.
- Opportunity to work across units to improve IT support service standard.
- Career development opportunities in the British Council Vietnam.
Main Accountabilities1. IT system installation and maintenance, performance monitoring on the network and IT related equipment
- Check the incident logbooks daily and take action against any problems reported.
- Maintain full functionality of equipment in classrooms (computers, projector, tablets, Apple TV, video players, speakers, UPS, cables, etc.) to ensure continuity in teaching activities with minimal interruption.
- Ensure Front of House (FOH) and TC back-office computers, printing system as well as other IT related equipment to be in good operation and ready to use and ensure no-interruption to business operations of the teaching centre.
- Support to install hardware timely, upon business requirement, following Corporate IT hardware standards and recommendations.
- Prepare and support staff on setting up and using telephone conference or video conference system.
- Provide support to suppliers’ technicians in troubleshooting IT related equipment such as telephony system, CCTV, security access card system, network system, etc. to ensure the process are carried out following British Council standards.
- Prepare and support examination team in using IT equipment in International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Aptis testing services including BIO-Laptop, CCTV, voice recorders, cameras, finger-print scanners, etc.
- Build GTI computers and deploy software on classroom, FOH and TC back-office computers in compliance with Global IT Service standards (GIS).
- Install, distribute and problem fixing of applications to classroom and staff computers.
- Application support for teaching activities and other corporate systems where appropriate such as Global Digital, New English Files, Active Inspire, etc. in classrooms, Teaching Centre Management System (TCMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Exams Database, Queue Management Software, etc. on FOH computers.
- Support IT team on installing applications on TC tablets if required and support teachers to use applications in classrooms.
- Check and ensure the anti-virus software to be installed, operational and updated on all workstations.
- Prepare and support IT team to maintain British Council IT equipment and software inventory for the branch including assets management and license records.
- Deliver software support for Exams team including Identity Authentication Management (IAM) database, recording software, video recording system in IELTS, Aptis test.
- Monitor disk space, ensure documents stored on the disk drives to be purged and weeded.
- Support staff in burning CD, DVD and copying data as required.
- Monitor internet connection and co-operate with Internet Services Provider (ISP) and Regional Support Centre to fix and solve problems with internet connection, minute the leased-line problem which may be used as a proof to claim ISP.
- Setup and manage the non-GTI WIFI system to provide reliable internet connectivity for classrooms, staff and customers’ use.
- Setup, maintain, and make change on PABX to provide telecommunication services such as official messaging service, allocating extension, assigning permission on dialing out.
- Assist line manager in inventory checking and labelling for IT related equipment on a monthly and yearly basis and ensure the correctness of outcome.
- Check classrooms set-up to ensure teaching centre standards for classrooms are met and problems with furniture and equipment are immediately reported to Branch Manager, then to BSS Assistant.
- Assist BSS Assistant in overseeing the outsourced security service to ensure TC security and safety standard. Report to BSS Assistant immediately if actions required.
- Assist BSS Assistant in overseeing the outsourced cleaning service to ensure the service provided is in line with agreed contract and office health and hygienic standards and report to BSS Assistant immediately if actions required.
- Be the first point of contact between TC and BSS colleagues at the main office regarding facilities/ premises issues occurring to ensure such issues are resolved timely and effectively to avoid business interruption the teaching centre’s operation.
- Assist BSS Assistant and BSS Executive in facilities and premises management for the TC: monitor and keep track on facilities and premises regular maintenance (air-conditioning system, fire alarm system, electric systems, water supply system, drinking water dispensers, office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, paper shredders, etc.) to ensure all maintenance works carried out properly and within lead time.
- Provide support to suppliers’ technicians/ workers (if needed) in troubleshooting facilities/ premises related faults to ensure the processes are carried out following British Council standards.
- Take actions against problems promptly to minimize interruption to the teaching centre’s operation.
- Prompt communications and helpful assistance to solve problems.
- Handle immediately temporary replacement to ensure business continuity.
- Ensure supplies and outsourced technical services to be ready for use (i.e. toner cartridges, batteries, spare equipment, etc.)
- Comply with the British Council standards and policies.
- The British Council TC operates on Monday to Friday from 8.00 am - 9.30 pm and on Saturday to Sunday from 7:30 am - 9.30 pm. All posts may be required to follow working patterns that include unsocial hours. The Branch IT Assistant post requires a working pattern that can cover for the evening time and weekends with priority to support teaching centre’s operation.
- Work effectively with diversity as an essential and integral part of daily work and consistently meet the British Council’s Equality-Diversity-Inclusion policy and Child Protection policy and standards in carrying out all internal and external duties.
- Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK Data Protection Principles and local legislation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to reflective practice, professional and organisational development objectives, taking advantage of opportunities to enhance qualifications and or gain/ share knowledge for team as well as for self. Make a positive contribution to team meetings and give suggestions to management for improving business support practices and procedures based on customer feedback.
- Involve in other BSS related support or management duties as and when required by the senior management team.
- You must have the right to live and work in Vietnam.
- Graduate in relevant field
- 1-to-2-year experience in relevant field will be an advantage.
Role Specific Skills
- Proven experience in Computer/Server/Wireless Networking/AD
- Experience in ITIL (Server Management)
- Experience in Computer/Server/Wireless Management and Security
- Experience in Database Management
- Experience in facilities/ premises management will be an advantage.
- Annual performance bonus and 13th month salary
- 15 days public holidays (combination of Vietnam and UK public holidays)
- Group Insurance Program including Personal Accident Insurance and Health Insurance for 24 hour/day for you and your family members.
- Extensive training and development opportunities, both local and within the global network
Equality StatementThe British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies. The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process. The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with. We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989. Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children. If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam