Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Business Data Analyst – Right First time Project Delivery Review at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children’s ambition for children is heavily dependent upon restricted income from our donors and partners. 67% of our organisational income comes from our range of institutional, corporate and/or philanthropic partners, and 97% of country office budgets is project spend. Getting this area of work right then is fundamental to our mission, and whether we succeed or fail in delivering our global strategy and country strategic plans.
The vision for the Right First Time (RFT) project delivery review is a shift in SC global approach to managing projects and awards that capitalises on the optimal value add of each level (CO, RO, centre, member) and function (finance, operations and awards), reducing duplication, increasing effectiveness and ultimately delivering better impact for children.
Achieving this vision is heavily dependent on a single version of the truth of what constitutes good performance, built on evidence from our systems and analysed and presented in such a way as to drive change across a global movement. This role will also be responsible for measuring the overall progress of Right-first-time, helping hold Save the Children members and SCI accountable for the rebalancing of resources with accountability closer to the point of impact. It will support the Project lead with all data and insights needs of the initiative and work closely with the Senior Data and Insight Advisor to ensure alignment in the use of management information.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in Data Analysis, Data Quality and / or Support Analysis, with a strong understanding of systems.
- Experience in developing dashboards and reports linked to databases using Microsoft Power BI
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, , connecting to data sources) and associated analysis tools (Power Pivot)
- A focus on Insight, understood as the next level after data analysis – the “so what?” factor
- Good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive relationships across business units
- Strong prioritisation, organizational and follow-up skills
- Proactive, able to use initiative and progress continuous improvements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to learn new web/collaborative systems and applications quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving, working with and coordinating input from multiple departments.
We can offer circa £42,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 9 December 2021
10/02/2022SAVE VIETNAM'S WILDLIFE
07/02/2022FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
15/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
14/02/2022Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
07/02/2022UK Embassy in Vietnam
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)